Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

EAA/Tanfoglio Chop Shop - NO SELLING OR TRADING

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 hours ago, billthemarine2862 said:

what do you have there Kneelingatlas? GT factory barrel with the first port opened up some along with 3 popple holes?  On a shortened frame?

Yes, the unported GT barrel with the second port opened up, 4 V holes drilled and three straight up on a short dust cover frame.  I posted it so I could download the pictures to my phone.  This pistol is long gone now, along with the rest of my 38 supers, but here's what it looked like after high polish hard chrome

157319020_GoldTeamY7.thumb.jpg.619c4529f586a78f50bdf0fcd88e8c7a.jpg

• 1 year later...

Friend of mine is trying to get into limited with his witness elite match (in 10mm for now, he'll be looking for a barrel here soon), and is having trouble trying to find a LEFT handed holster suited for USPSA.  Will the full dust cover versions work or should he be contacting a few companies to try to find someone that makes them?

• 2 months later...

I'm looking to turn my 10mm full size steel into what I now learned is called a "semi compact" because I can't stand how the dust cover just cuts off. I measured the length of the dust cover and it's 6 3/8 just like the OAL of a compact slide. My main thing now [except that EAA never has the 10mm "Wonder" compact slides in] is as much as I'd love the looks as is and it would fit the duty of a "BBQ gun" I wonder about the loss in velocity dropping 1.2in of barrel. I'm thinking now of getting the end of the barrel threaded and putting a thread protector on it, or maybe a comp but I don't know my options, or what a 4.5in barrel poking out of a compact slide with a thread protector on it might look like.

1 hour ago, Pippu_Paladin said:

Man, that doesn't look too bad even unthreaded, kinda just looks like an M9.

Does anyone know if the exterior dimensions of the 10mm barrels compared to something like a 10mm 1911 or Glock 20 are close enough to use the same thread protectors on a threaded barrel?

The OD of a 10mm Tanfoglio barrel is 15mm, the easiest thing to do would be to turn it down and cut a 9/16" thread.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/15/2020 at 12:23 AM, kneelingatlas said:

Did some final fitting/barrel trimming this morning on this compact 9 major, still working on the slide racker, but I'm getting close 😁IMG_20200614_142208.thumb.jpg.af5923d129009f3b49cc6ed338905a84.jpg

Now this is a cool project! Get it done...