Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

EAA/Tanfoglio Chop Shop - NO SELLING OR TRADING

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Latest and greatest Tanfo Open gun :)

_20151107_092416_zps0uvx3wkv.jpg

Chambered in 9mm, stroked by 0.200", (3) 5/32" holes angled back ten degrees from vertical, Cheely CMore mount, slide lightened by 1.7oz, overall weight of 43.5oz.

Just saw this,thats a gorgeous weapon, drool,[emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Latest and greatest Tanfo Open gun :)

_20151107_092416_zps0uvx3wkv.jpg

Chambered in 9mm, stroked by 0.200", (3) 5/32" holes angled back ten degrees from vertical, Cheely CMore mount, slide lightened by 1.7oz, overall weight of 43.5oz.

Very nice! How much weight do you think is removed from the rear? I am thinking about cutting the back of my Limited since that is where most of the weight is.

Enjoy. :) there are lots of parts for the v12 to improve trigger etc and they are nice but it's easy get carried away and over capitalise on the gun.

One mod that is well worthwhile (assuming it's large frame) is getting:

Henning magwell

Henning bases

Grams spring and followed kit

That will give you somewhere between 22 and 24 in you stock mag tubes and the bigger magwell improves the grip and the reloads.

Henning has a 20% off sale going now too.

Another mod I'd strongly suggest which is both free and easy to do is remove the firing pin block. It's function as a safety is dubious at best and it can drag on the firing pin causing light strikes.

Edited by BeerBaron

+1 on what BeerBaron said.

Only possibly to add an XL firing pin if you are reloading with harder primers.

Put several hundred rounds through it and let it break in. After that if you want, polish a few trigger parts lightly, and maybe replace a spring here and there to lighten up the trigger pull, all of which is listed on how to do that throughout this forum. Then proceed to shoot the heck out of it.

Enjoy. :) there are lots of parts for the v12 to improve trigger etc and they are nice but it's easy get carried away and over capitalise on the gun.

One mod that is well worthwhile (assuming it's large frame) is getting:

Henning magwell

Henning bases

Grams spring and followed kit

That will give you somewhere between 22 and 24 in you stock mag tubes and the bigger magwell improves the grip and the reloads.

Henning has a 20% off sale going now too.

Another mod I'd strongly suggest which is both free and easy to do is remove the firing pin block. It's function as a safety is dubious at best and it can drag on the firing pin causing light strikes.

Thank you for ur info,I went back looked at your older Posts,lot of good info ,yes i have gram followers and pads, trigger is usable ,tho I would like a flat lighter trigger ,yes its a large frame using K9 17 mags,uses same mags as my elite match witness .TriggerI'll start with polishing the trigger mechanism,my Elite Match trigger is perfect amazing for a 550$ gun , Living in Colo talking to Hennings he suggested I visit his shop,It was good to hear Hennings has a manufacturing on premises. HOPE I can ask u questions when they come up,This forum is excellent information allot of very smart ppl.

Again Thank You BeerBaron.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

Picked up a used one today (made a swap here on Benos) finally arrived at local FFL for transfer

Been on the 40/10mm reloading page for basic info and got lots of input but looks like this is the place for info and moving ahead

with my new toy!!!

Tanfoglio Limited 40 S&W Basically stock at this point

Last owner opened the rear sight via a file and it is not square so will be geting a new rear sight or blade if I can talk LPA into a sight blade.

The mags came with Henning extended bases but would not drop free!

I did 15minutes worth of refitting the mag-well and making it even with the mag opening and everything runs great now

The mags are all 40 mags so they have the spacer in them. popped the space out, drilled out the "spots" that held them in place and smoothed and chamfered the drill holes.

Now I can load them with OAL ammo of 1.200 may be able to go longer but won't cause all my 1911/2011's I shoot 1.180 to 1.200 loads.

Plunk tested the BBL and all my loads drop and turn so good to go there.

Hand cycles a bunch of loads. Everything feeds and ejects by hand and all loads clear while doing a slow ULSC.

Pulled the firing pin block out of the slide.

Trigger breaks at 3lbs 12ozs with just a good cleaning and some lube on the hinge points. I used to 2 lbs triggers on my other SS and Limited guns. So will want to do some work on that soon.

Also need to get some Grams springs and followers to get the best mags capacity, came with factory guts that was a surprise.

So looking for the input from the experts (y'all) on what steps need to be taken and in what order. After I shoot it a buch as is to get used to it and see whats rubbing on what etc.

Only took one photo cause its stock and everybody knows what they look like

Thanks to all

Jcc7x7 (Neil)

post-33305-0-52055200-1451436910_thumb.j

Only shot a 100 out of the new to me LImited.

And only at 10 and 15 yds, first 10 shoot into a tattered hole group at 10 yds

move the sight up at 1/4 turn and another tattered group, another 1/4 turn and the same

it was now hitting just above the front sight blade

Moved to 15 yds and the group got slightly bigger , that's on me.

Shot the rest just having fun with it

9" paper plate at 35 yds 10 hits on it like I was shooting plates in a match not much of a group but all 10 shots where on the plate

Real pleased with the Tanfoglio Limited at this point

So, I got a Tristar/Canick L-120 that I got pretty much for free. Been wanting to tinker with this and see about converting it to a 9mm minor for my son to use for steel matches. The CZ barrel will not fit but the Tanfoglio barrel will fit after filing the feed ramp area to make it narrower and taking the bushing out of the slide. I was able to fit the barrel from my Witness Steel 38 Super in the slide and it seems to lock up fine. The L-120 barrel fits in the Tan and functions but the barrel is too thin and doesn't sit right in the front of the slide. What Tanfoglio barrel length and what comp should I look for and where is the best place to get it?

The CZ Barrel I have isn't mine gun so I didn't want to tinker too much with it. The other CZ I have is a 97BD. So I grabbed the Tan I have in 38 Sup and tried that. It would seem like a better route to take. The Tan ramp will fit in the the Canick frame but is a tight fit. Funny thing is if it wasn't for the ejector on the Canick frame hitting the very edge of the firing stop on the Tan slide, It would fit....sloppy (loose) but it would fit. The wonder finish on the Canick frame looks awesome too.

Now the link that Open1215 put up, has me thinking of leaving the Canik alone and to tinker with the Tan. I'm just not familiar with the trigger parts to have a better (shorter) trigger on the Tan.

Edited by MrRick