Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bad news today when I went to clean my open gun. cracked slide.

Alaskapopo

Caspian38supercomp.jpg

brokeslide1_zpsa0e808cb.jpg

brokeslide2_zps553e01ba.jpg

I got this pistol used a few years back and it has served me well. Only paid 1000 for it but looks like it gave up the ghost. Not sure if I want to get a new slide or just save my money for another gun which I can't really afford right now.

Pat

Man I hate that... occasional broken parts is the cost of racing, but there is never a good time for that to happen.

For probably less than a grand I bet you can get that gun back in action. Unless you want to try something different I say patch her up and get back in the race.

Impressive! :bow:

But yeah...the day is done for that slide. Is it cracked on the inside at the corner of a lug?

If the barrel and comp are still good (and you like the gun) I think it would be fairly easy to fit a new slide/re-fit barrel and not too expensive. Or, you could just get a new upper made for it and fitted.

I would call Gary Smith at Caspian and talk on the phone and not rely upon email. That slide doesn't look like it was chopped/cut up much (if at all), so they should work with you. In my experience Caspian does stand behind their products ( I had a cracked frame replaced).

Good luck!

Impressive! :bow:

But yeah...the day is done for that slide. Is it cracked on the inside at the corner of a lug?

If the barrel and comp are still good (and you like the gun) I think it would be fairly easy to fit a new slide/re-fit barrel and not too expensive. Or, you could just get a new upper made for it and fitted.

I would call Gary Smith at Caspian and talk on the phone and not rely upon email. That slide doesn't look like it was chopped/cut up much (if at all), so they should work with you. In my experience Caspian does stand behind their products ( I had a cracked frame replaced).

Good luck!

Second this, I would call. Email is a little spotty.

http://www.caspianarms.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=CAL&Category_Code=SL

Caspain slides are gauranteed for life, even partial coverage if its cut up.

Contact them.

Doubt it. I tried to deal with Caspian recently on a cracked slide.

They were less than helpful, not friendly, and basically said there was nothing they can do.

Left a BADD taste in my mouth.

http://www.caspianarms.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=CAL&Category_Code=SL

Contact them.

They were less than helpful, not friendly, and basically said there was nothing they can do.

Really? How much lightening was done to your slide? Most of the cracked ones I sent back wasn't heavily lightened (flat topped) and they still sent me back a new one.

It is up to their discretion whether they will replace a slide or not so if a slide is lightened too much they won't warranty it.

Edited by yoshidaex

Contact them.

I sent it to them they seemed helpful and told me they have a lifetime warranty. I will wait and see.

Pat

Exact same experience on a stock G17 slide.

Galaxy Note II + Tapatalk 2

Edited by KellyTTE

We're talking about Caspian, right?

Not sure how OE manufacturers deal with cracked slides but Caspian in my book is fair.

Send a slide back, they'll inspect it, and if they feel it was fit properly and the crack/blem/defect was caused on their end, they'll replace.

Edited by yoshidaex

We're talking about Caspian, right?

Not sure how OE manufacturers deal with cracked slides but Caspian in my book is fair.

Send a slide back, they'll inspect it, and if they feel it was fit properly and the crack/blem/defect was caused on their end, they'll replace.

I am happy with Caspian! I was not expecting them to give me a new slide but they did. They have my business from now on.

Pat