Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ Custom Shop vs Cajun Gun Works...

Cundiff5535

I have talked to both over the phone... I will be honest, the folks I talked to were great at both places but, the guy at CGW was far and away much nicer than the guy I spoke to at CZC. It was almost like the guy at CZC was annoyed with questions I was asking/telling him what I wanted (and asking if it were possible to accomplish).

I am leaning toward having CGW do what I wanted done but, I wanted to hear your thoughts on quality of work done. Why some one would work with one shop over the other... Are there benefits, is one known for certain work vs the other, what has your experience been with one or the other?

The other thing I was hoping to find out is, I picked up a stock 75b and want a set of adjustable rear sights like the shadow target/shadow t has. From the sound of it, the guy at CGW didnt have that sight and the slide may need to be cut to have that fit? Anyone have a recommendation on where to get that done/who can do it?

Anyway, just looking for your thoughts on the questions above and feedback on who this should be sent to?

Thanks

At CZC, I would ask for Stuart, who's also a member here (eerw); in fact, you may just want to PM him. David at CGW is a terrific guy and bends over backward to take care his customers. I have two Shadows, one was mostly done by Stuart and the other was mostly done by David (CGW).

- Stuart: He's also a Production GM and can combine his shooting experience with gunsmithing. A very good guy. He also worked on one of my Shadows, including cutting the slide to fit an adjustable sight.

- David: He's done a lot of work on one of my Shadows and I highly recommend him. David has created many high quality, certainly higher than OEM, CZ parts that will last likely a lifetime.

I have had experience with all three CZC, Stuart (who joined CZC a short while ago), and CGW. You can't go wrong with either David (CGW) or Stuart. I won't tell you which one to send your gun as that's your decision. However, please note the specific name(s) I mentioned. Talk to both, then make your decision.

Edited by justaute

I had Stuart work over a 75B Stainless for me earlier this year to include installing a Heinie Charger rear sight, which required cutting the slide. All the work turned out great, the pistol shoots point of aim, and everyone who sees it is jealous.

CZC, CGW, and Automatic Accuracy have all earned good reputations. I don't think you can go wrong.

I've dealt with all of the companies, and +1 to everyone above I don't believe you can go wrong. I even called CGW at 8:30pm last night and he helped me fix a problem with my CZ, big kudos to him!

That being said - if one of them has something you need in stock, personally I'd lean that way, simply because parts like everything else around these guns can be hard to come by, with no one knowing when the next shipment is coming in.

I would lean towards David only because of how personable he is. He still loves his job and you can tell that he has a vested interest in helping his customers. The only problem there is that i do not believe David can mill your slide for the adjustable LPA sight but it never hurts to ask.

I felt a little bad calling CZ custom a while ago. The guy i spoke to sounded bored but the questions that i asked were probably cookie cutter and questions that he receives ad nauseum on a daily basis so i took his lack of enthusiasm with a grain of salt. He was informative and answered the questions accordingly. :)

I've ordered some stuff from CGW before and it was a totally painless experience. I called David after receiving my order and told him I ordered the wrong extended firing pin and he sent me the correct one right away. I'm a customer for life. :)

I did order my Shadow from CZ Customs and Stuart took care of my order very efficiently. The only regret I have is that I should have asked him to work on my gun before it shipped. I'm hoping to have Stuart do his magic on my pistol someday. ;)

It was almost like the guy at CZC was annoyed with questions I was asking/telling him what I wanted (and asking if it were possible to accomplish).

LOL, sounds like you spoke to Rob.

I've given CZ Custom a fair bit of my money. I've always been pleased with them. The benefit is their relationship with mother CZ and the availability of parts and the defacto legality of their parts to meet division rules. My only complaint is their shipping costs.

Dave at CGW is a nice feller (like everyone mentions). He doesn't have near as many parts available as CZ Custom but he's a innovator and a smaller outfit moving forward. I try to give him whatever business I can.

I guess I'm saying you shouldn't go wrong with either choice.

I hear what everyone is saying! I think I am going to give both places a chance to do some work... Ill send my pistol out to CGW for the trigger work etc... and then sent it over to CZC for the sight cuts and install... I will be able to form a very good opinion of both once I get the pistol back and see the quality of work as well as how my business is handled.

Cant say enough at this point about CGW but, I am going to give CZC a fair shake as well!

Thanks for all the posts here!!

+1 for CGW. David is awesome and his EDM EDM parts are flawless.

Haven't had work done by CZC, but I'm on the CZ forum and haven't heard a bad thing about their work or service. And one day, when finances allow , I will be asking Stuart to build my dream Open Tac Sport

Czech's in the mail

Stu has done 2 of my shadows and they are nothing short of amazing. When I get around to putting the TS down I'll send it in for the same work.

With that said I've bought some of CGW drop in parts and turned some old pre B guns into some awesome blasters

Edited by steel1212

CGW can cut rear sight dovetails. Problem is we take so much time to achieve the ideal clearances, it takes away from our regular stuff. This is a TRT-LPA machined so tight there is no light visible. I also wanted to second the kudos given to Stuart. Great guy.

Keirsey97001_zps34755b9e.jpg

I can only speak to CZs service and customer satisfaction. I have been a happy customer for several years, have purchased many items and never a bad experience. I recently bought a PW autodrive from them specifically because of the great service they have provided me in the past. Just got tracking info and should have it next Wednesday.

CGW can cut rear sight dovetails. Problem is we take so much time to achieve the ideal clearances, it takes away from our regular stuff. This is a TRT-LPA machined so tight there is no light visible. I also wanted to second the kudos given to Stuart. Great guy.

David, now thats what I am talking about!! Awesome job man!! Looks great...

Looks like I was wrong in my initial statement in saying that CGW didnt do sight cuts. Looks like they could be a one stop shop!! Thanks again for all the replies here folks!

Nice work David.

David's shop has steadily grown with a solid reputation for customer service and quality parts. He is spoken welll by CZ fans. Other shops doing good CZ work is Automatic Accuracy, and Akai Custom.

My apologies if you felt we were distracted when you called. We do try to do our best.

Have a 75 shadow target from CZC and love it. Talked to Rob originally with a few questions, He replied to emails despite getting ready for and being on his way to SHOT. When I ordered talked to Stuart on the phone - Both were great!

Picked up a used CZ SP01 Shadow the other day - Thinking I'll try CGW parts and try to do it myself, just to compare.

Can anyone tell me if the Short reset trigger kit that CGW offers achieves the same reset as the CZC short reset they have to install. CZC does not sell just the parts needed to shorten the trigger pull in DA. and SA. CGW says their kit will move the DA pull back 5mm.

Can anyone tell me if the Short reset trigger kit that CGW offers achieves the same reset as the CZC short reset they have to install. CZC does not sell just the parts needed to shorten the trigger pull in DA. and SA. CGW says their kit will move the DA pull back 5mm.

There is a drop in version available now

http://czcustom.com/CZSHORTRESETDISCONNECTOR.aspx