Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

online SO test.

sk330lc

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can we get a paper rule book to read!!??? Open book ain't too cool without a book.

I downloaded and printed out the new rulebook and used that. You should be able to do the same from the IDPA website.

I wish they'd remove the comments from the PDF and publish a final version. Not having a 2" margin on the right side out save some paper.

Follow this LINK to the IDPA forum for a PDF copy with all the comments removed.

Can we get a paper rule book to read!!??? Open book ain't too cool without a book.

I downloaded and printed out the new rulebook and used that. You should be able to do the same from the IDPA website.

I wish they'd remove the comments from the PDF and publish a final version. Not having a 2" margin on the right side out save some paper.

Follow this LINK to the IDPA forum for a PDF copy with all the comments removed.

Awesome! Its 14 pages less.

I took it a few days ago. 1st time, I got a 87. The next day I figured I had better take it more seriously, got a 95, glad it's over,,for now...

I thought an 85 passed?

Took my almost 50 minutes. Easy if you've read it and have the rule book open in, and know how to search using control-F.

I find that Shift-Ctrl-F is a little easier to find what you are looking for, it gives you a list of every instance the word you searched on is used. Just scan down the list to your answer.

I took it a few days ago. 1st time, I got a 87. The next day I figured I had better take it more seriously, got a 95, glad it's over,,for now...

I thought an 85 passed?
My bad,, 78 1st time...ouch

I didn't see anything on my page that indicated it one way or another. I don't know how long it takes to post but it's been less than a week since I took mine so I might not be in the system yet.

Has anyone had their recertification results posted to their online IDPA account yet?

Jim

I believe they will update everyone's status October 1. Currently everyone re-certified or not is listed as an SO because they are a valid SO (under the old rule book) for matches up until Sept 30, 2013.

I can't figure out the web page well enough to find anything, let alone the SO test.

They will e-mail it to you, if you have your e-mail registered with them.

Edited by sk330lc

I can't figure out the web page well enough to find anything, let alone the SO test.

The email went out a while again giving you 2 weeks to complete it. If you missed the deadline then you will have to take the SO course again.

I did mine last week and passed.

Most of us ain't happy about the test or rulebook, but ya'll just take it please. IDPA is gonna be hurting for SOs if everyone walks away.

If you look up each question you will pass it.

I'll give some tips. You may think you know how to figure power factor, but according to Bill you don't. Look it up.

Read the stuff about disabled shooters, and learn the SO and scorer SO duties.

Maybe if half of us walked away they'd realize they need to fix some things.

"Bend over and take it" is not a winning strategy if we want to convince them to change.

Then again, I renewed my membership 2 weeks ago and took the test too