Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

online SO test.

sk330lc

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Literally just finished mine a couple minutes ago. Took me a little over an hour. I read the rulebook cover to cover prior to taking the test and didn't have much of a problem (scored 95%). There were a bunch of "trick" questions. I also had the rulebook open on my iPad sitting next to me so I verify the rules relating to the "trick" questions.

Edit: At the end of the test they show you the question you got wrong and the section of the rulebook relating to the answer. That's a nice touch.

Edited by blind bat

Scored 93% The test had several trick questions as well as the same questions asked two different ways. I could see 100 questions for an initial exam, but for a recertification I thought 50 would be enough.

I pretty much skimmed the rulebook for an hour before I took the test. I referred to the rulebook quite a bit while taking the test, and it took me about 105 minutes for the test. I scored an 87.5 on the test and was content passing with that. A number of the questions were worded tricky and on a couple I even had the section of the rulebook they referred to in front of me and was not sure of the answer. What kind of slowed me down was the USPSA rulebook information that also resides in my brain. Having to keep the rules sets separate gave me more than a few moments pause during the test.

I agree that 100 questions were more than enough, as some questions appeared to be repeated. Fifty questions could have been chosen and not had the duplication of questions.

Oh, I agree that showing the questions that you missed, the correct answer, and the section of the rulebook pertaining to it was very helpful.

Edited by Blueridge

I failed the first time but I didn't use the rule book at all. Scores a 78. Today I took it again with the rule book open and having read the ones I missed I scored a 95 or somewhere around there. It took me a solid hour. I Di feel I know some of the rules a little better but dang it seems like a lot. I just wonder how many will just say na I'm not doing it.

97. Took it with the book (pdf) open on another tab. The wording of the questions caused my issues. Tricky, tricky, tricky....

That's the same thing I did today with the exact same score. 97% Took it last night with out the book and got a 83.5%.

I just wonder how many will just say na I'm not doing it.

And have to take the SO class again....no thank you!

No I mean do nothing at all

If you do nothing, you lose your SO certification and in order to get certified again, you need to retake the entire Safety Officer course again. I don't know about you, but I have better things to do than spend another 8 hours taking the Safety officer course again.

I agree Steve. Overall I though it was a good test but could use some tweaking. With it being 100 questions and answering some similar questions that they covered most of the things you could run into well.

I was in one of the first "waves" of testing and there were two questions that I disagreed with the reasoning on a bit. I saw what they were getting at but I also felt that technically two of the answers were "correct." Overall though I think they did a good job and showing you what questions you missed at the end was a good touch to help people learn.

On a side note, I have been shooting my revolver and I *really* like being able to reload "on the way to cover." ;-D

Can we get a paper rule book to read!!??? Open book ain't too cool without a book.

I downloaded and printed out the new rulebook and used that. You should be able to do the same from the IDPA website.

Can we get a paper rule book to read!!??? Open book ain't too cool without a book.

I downloaded and printed out the new rulebook and used that. You should be able to do the same from the IDPA website.

I wish they'd remove the comments from the PDF and publish a final version. Not having a 2" margin on the right side out save some paper.

Got a 96% in about 37 minutes. Disappointing that I only barely made the GM level of IDPA SO. When you look at my time though I think my hit factor should go up.

Edited by waktasz

If we paid our dues then we should have a rulebook in our hand to take the test.

As long as it took, I expected the cougar team to hand paint each cover.

Literally just finished mine a couple minutes ago. Took me a little over an hour. I read the rulebook cover to cover prior to taking the test and didn't have much of a problem (scored 95%). There were a bunch of "trick" questions. I also had the rulebook open on my iPad sitting next to me so I verify the rules relating to the "trick" questions.

Edit: At the end of the test they show you the question you got wrong and the section of the rulebook relating to the answer. That's a nice touch.

HOLY FUDGE!! I took some online tests for "college" that didn't do that. That is really a good touch to enable the learning process.

Got a 96% in about 37 minutes. Disappointing that I only barely made the GM level of IDPA SO. When you look at my time though I think my hit factor should go up.

I'm sure you still scored enough to get into the "good" cookie jar.

If we paid our dues then we should have a rulebook in our hand to take the test.

As long as it took, I expected the cougar team to hand paint each cover.

It would have been nice to have a copy of the finished new rulebook in hand before having to take the test. I had not really read through the new rulebook (just skimmed through it), until I had to take the test. Having now passed the test I will sit down and read through it in more detail once I receive the final version.