Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My Open Glock

atbarr

I picked this up today from Mike Foley, a Glock G17 GEN 3 Open gun built by ZevGlockworx. It features a KKM Barrel and Titanium Comp countoured to the slide, all kinds of slide lightening, a Zev Trigger, Zev pin kit, Grip reduction and texture, Zev oversized mag release with button, Zev Magwell, CMore STS burried in slide, Zev Guide rod and spring. I also purchased 3 Glock mags and 3 Taran Tactical Firepower Large Basepads. I have a line on a 170mm for later.

I have a case of MG 124gr JHP on the way, now I need to find some AutoComp.

Big learning curve coming.

post-14692-0-76350400-1374287867_thumb.j

post-14692-0-14367200-1374287886_thumb.j

Silhouette, HS6, and AutoComp all good 9 major powders, I prefer silhouette less dot movement than autocomp not as much palm slap as HS6.

Congrats on ur Tupperware, I've seen a couple that run. I prefer a little more metal, maybe it will work for you, double up on ear protection, try to ignore the gun concentrate on the targets, it goes up it comes down, just watch for the dot to return. All open guns feel violent at first but after a while you learn to ignore it, Zen.

Congrats atbarr, Your'e gonna have a blast. I have almost the same one from Bobby Carver (yours is a bit nicer)Lots of good recipes available with Auto Comp & HS6,& 124gr MG JHP's & MG CMJ's and also Precision Delta 124gr JHP's. Be advised that your OAL will be in the 1.145 to 1.153 range due to the Glock mags.I seat my 9mm Major loads for my STI Mags longer.BTW I bought a couple of Arredondo +6 Bases for my G17 mags & they work fine(get the ones with the extra power spring included)they go on & off easily for cleaning-a really good product. Enjoy your new buy it's a lot of fun to shoot, I have an STI Tru-Bor & a Carver built Glock, both use pretty much the same recipes with variations in the OAL being the main difference. The STI Chronos a little faster(don't know why)maybe the barrel??

3n37 is a good powder to try as well. A little rough on the hands, but it's a good stable load with 115's.

There is not enough case volume to push 115's to major PF, especially in a Glock.

Tried it in my 2011, case was completely full & only made 166PF!!!

3n37 is a good powder to try as well. A little rough on the hands, but it's a good stable load with 115's.

There is not enough case volume to push 115's to major PF, especially in a Glock.

Tried it in my 2011, case was completely full & only made 166PF!!!

Works just fine with mine. I'm averaging 173 PF with a 14# spring and a 4-port comp. 1.155 OAL and it is compressed, but this load has never failed to run for me.

Very cool! I'll be curious to see how the Cmore holds up to the slide-ride setup.

Well, since that is what it was designed for, I'd say it should hold up fairly well. Remember, even the standard C-More Slide-Ride that everyone uses on 2011 open guns was originally designed to be mounted on the slide of a Glock, (hence the name "Slide-Ride.")

I have a Glock .40 that was set up to run open, and the C-More STS still works. The "automatic brightness" setting doesn't really work any more, but that's a common problem with the STS model. When it's on full bright, it works just fine.