Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Where to get twist knob for powder bar

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1.99 at my local Ace Hardware.... Sizes are goofy, what they sold as a 5/16 pushed right onto the 7/16 bolt head. They had them in red, green, black and Dillon blue.

Sizes are not goofy, they are the size of the threaded portion of the bolt which is a 5/16" bolt.

No they are goofy as the threads in the powder bar are only 1/4, the 1/4 knob was way too small. 5/16 was actually too small and had to be forced onto the bolt head of the powder bar. Don't know what they are referencing for size but it sure aint the threads or the size bolt head....

I had been searching my local hardware stores to find one for $1.50. After coming up short I finally ordered one from Alvarez Kelly from post 19 above for $4.50. I received the knob very quickly and it works well. I would save my time and spend the $4.50 the next time I need one.

Better yet, order 2 for only $6. :-)

• 2 weeks later...

If you have trouble finding them, I sell the "Dillon blue" plastic rosette knobs for $1.50 each, plus $3 for shipping, no matter how many you buy. So... $4.50 for 1 knob, $9 for 4 knobs, $18 for 10 knobs, and so on.

I also have some red ones if you want variety. :-)

I'll take PayPal, discreet cash, or a USPS money order. Sorry, no personal checks.

Send me a PM.

I will take 4 blue ones.

Kelly Alvarez:

After wasting a couple hours and 10 bucks in gas trying to find these knobs locally I decided to just send Kelly some cash and see what happens. Kelly was very informative about receiving my funds and shipping the items. I put 8 bucks in an envelope with my name and address included. The entire process took less then a week, in my mailbox I get a nicely packed shipping envelope with my 3 knobs included. The guy actually gave me change in the form of a new shiny .50 cent piece. Who does that. I wasn't expecting change!

Buy from this guy, It just makes sense.

• 2 weeks later...

I believe you have to have a minimum of 50 relevant posts to sell stuff here. May wanna read up on that before you jack slapped By a mod LOL

Hey - I have three different types. Rossette, knurled and tee. Black or red. Two knobs (mix or match) 7.00 shipped.

Edited by Franco79

I believe you have to have a minimum of 50 relevant posts to sell stuff here. May wanna read up on that before you jack slapped By a mod LOL

Hey - I have three different types. Rossette, knurled and tee. Black or red. Two knobs (mix or match) 7.00 shipped.

While you are correct I also don't think it is legal to do all this selling business outside of the classifieds. And even then you are supposed to be a vendor if you are going to keep pushing items on here. I only know this because I got mildly "Jack Slapped" for selling the exact same item on here before.

Push-through vs push on knobs are available from McFeely's right now, single quantities .70 each and 5 or more at .56 each.

$1.00 flat-rate UPS ground shipping if ordered via WEB.

I'm giving this a try and will report back how well the work when I get them.

http://www.mcfeelys.com/product/JKE-1836/516-Snap-Lock-Star-Knob

>edit - lysdexic Sunday issues

Edited by DCMJ

McMaster-Carr has packs of 10 for $4.85 plus shipping. Their shipping is usually very reasonable and fast.

It's part number 94052A043 for black.

Here's the link:

http://www.mcmaster.com/?orderview=new#catalog/119/3067/=oqamql

If the link doesn't work, just go to their main page and put the above part number in.

My dad use to tell me, if McMaster-Carr doesn't have it, it's probably not made! :D

A heads up, I just found my email reciept from McMaster-Carr. Total price for everything including shipping was $9.34 for 10 knobs. I ordered on a Monday morning and I recieved them on a Tuesday afternoon!

• 3 weeks later...
A heads up, I just found my email reciept from McMaster-Carr. Total price for everything including shipping was $9.34 for 10 knobs. I ordered on a Monday morning and I recieved them on a Tuesday afternoon!

I bought a bag of 25 from the same place and will happily sell a handful for cost plus shipping. Mine are red. PM me if interested.

I got four (two blue, one each bakc and red) from Alvarez Kelly and am very happy with them. Drive around and/or buy 10-25 to make shipping worth while or just buy from a fellow member and be done with it! I got different colors just to have different knobs on my XS, small, and large powder bars.

Another alternative is to use separate powder bars for different loads vs. turning the knob.

I then adjust for a different load by inserting a different powder bar already preset for that load.

Makes it easy to change calibers when you have just 1 toolhead. I've since settled on having a dedicated toolhead for each caliber & load.

It also makes it easy if you load for different power factors of the same caliber, just use the powder bar you've developed for the particular power factor.

That's funny! I sell mine for $1.50 each with a flat $3 for shipping, no matter how many you want. They want $1.57 each... I guess I don't know about their shipping... :-)

I ordered a box of 4 from monsterfastner.com for $6.49 shipped.

Sounds like a good deal. Their website says $1.62 each in quantities of 4, with free shipping if you spend $60. I wonder how come you got such a good deal.

That's funny! I sell mine for $1.50 each with a flat $3 for shipping, no matter how many you want. They want $1.57 each... I guess I don't know about their shipping... :-)

I ordered a box of 4 from monsterfastner.com for $6.49 shipped.

Sounds like a good deal. Their website says $1.62 each in quantities of 4, with free shipping if you spend $60. I wonder how come you got such a good deal.

Pretty sure it was a glitch on their website and when I checked out it said free shipping. But they delivered and I was only charged for $6.49.