Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Where to get twist knob for powder bar

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v726/Coloradoglocker/PowderMeasureKnob.jpg

Use a 2" hole saw and drill plugs in a 1/4" thick hardwood. Drop 1/2" hex head bolt in center hole and mark head shape. Take an Exact o knife and cut out shape for press on fit. Paint knob, file notch in top edge, mark notch with white crayon, and press on to powder measure adjustment bolt. Print labels on self stick blank and apply.

If you have trouble finding them, I sell the "Dillon blue" plastic rosette knobs for $1.50 each, plus $3 for shipping, no matter how many you buy. So... $4.50 for 1 knob, $9 for 4 knobs, $18 for 10 knobs, and so on.

I also have some red ones if you want variety. :-)

I'll take PayPal, discreet cash, or a USPS money order. Sorry, no personal checks.

Send me a PM.

Edited by Alvarez Kelly

Some (not all) Home Depot's sell them. I prefer the lighter colors (like white) so I can use a sharpie to write on them. I put an index mark so I can keep track of how much I'm adjusting and a + with a curving arrow around it in the center to indicate which direction is "more powder".

Why do you need a knob? The powder measure is like a ronco, set it and forget it... Kind of like adjustable sights, once you adjust them how often do you ever really move them?

You only need to change them if change your powder or charge. Myself, I have extra powder bars and just swap them out of the measure when changing loads. They cost a lot less than the entire measure, only take one bolt to swap out and like you said, never have to be adjusted.

Why do you need a knob? The powder measure is like a ronco, set it and forget it... Kind of like adjustable sights, once you adjust them how often do you ever really move them?

I got mine to impress the lady's....

• 2 weeks later...

If you have trouble finding them, I have the "Dillon blue" plastic rosette knobs for $1.50 each, plus $3 for shipping, no matter how many you buy. So... $4.50 for 1 knob, $9 for 4 knobs, $18 for 10 knobs, $21 for a dozen, and so on.

I also have some red and BLACK ones if you want variety. :-)

I'll take PayPal, discreet cash, or a USPS money order. Sorry, no personal checks.

Send me a PM.

• 3 weeks later...

Why would you need to change the powder measure adjustment?

In the last 30 days I have reloaded 38 Specials with lead bullets in 125 and 158 grain weights.

I have also used Unique, 20/28, and SR4756 powders. Mainly experimenting. All worked fine.

I also use other powders for shotshells, and HP ammunition such as AA#5, Power Pistol, and Clays.

Then we have some Dillon owners who do not own a different powder measure for everything they load for. I have more die sets than any store I have been in within 150 miles of where I live.

The bolt head works ok if you only load one load. If you experiment, or have to change components for whatever reason, A handier method of powder measure adjustment is very welcome.

Bob

I had been searching my local hardware stores to find one for $1.50. After coming up short I finally ordered one from Alvarez Kelly from post 19 above for $4.50. I received the knob very quickly and it works well. I would save my time and spend the $4.50 the next time I need one.