Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Division Production Optic

mark carr

I would love to see a new division ( Production Optic's ). A slide mounted optic on a production gun would give the people that's starting out or for us that our vision isn't as good as it use to be the opportunity to use a red dot without the committing completely into full open race setup. Having shot the M&P and a Glock with slide mounted optic's no other mods and I can say it was fun and we were using lead bullets shooting minor out of std kydex holster we have several people at our club have already made the switch they said they will shoot with the open guys till the new division is implemented even though they are at a big equipment disadvantage against full open race setup. Mark, :goof:

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would love to see a new division ( Production Optic's ). A slide mounted optic on a production gun would give the people that's starting out or for us that our vision isn't as good as it use to be the opportunity to use a red dot without the committing completely into full open race setup. Having shot the M&P and a Glock with slide mounted optic's no other mods and I can say it was fun and we were using lead bullets shooting minor out of std kydex holster we have several people at our club have already made the switch they said they will shoot with the open guys till the new division is implemented even though they are at a big equipment disadvantage against full open race setup. Mark, :goof:

i would shoot this division if it were available.

Hey Sarge Ya thats what these guys are shooting now but you competing with full on race guns .And also the guys like me that would like to try it but don't want my open percentages to drop.But I Am moving that way I have a couple S&W C.O.R.E's on the way but at our club we already have XD's and M&P and Glock's competing with Delta point's and Burris fastfire's

Hey Nik Ya thats what they're doing now but if your a competitive person you wouldn't want to give up that much of a equipment disadvantage shooting against full on race rigs . I think Production rules with slide mounted optic's is the next big thing lets get rid of limited 10 its outlived its usefulness anyway and get Production optic's going :devil:

I love how it always becomes about what a few want that everyone else needs to change

there is one company making one model of gun for this, but because 5 people bought one we should add a division for it

it is not just let's add a division here and there kind of organization, the divisions that we have now cover 99% of the market and that is pretty good.

If you read Troy's last article in Front Sight, he made a very good point, have an outlaw match for stuff like this, so get together all the production optic people and put on an outlaw nationals for it

Jake Well actually the guys that are shooting now are use scope manufactures adapter plates no CORE's yet I couldn't find a CORE so I just bought a M&P pro and going to put a burris fastfire 3 on it with there adapter plate.

Hey attbar You will have to forgive me about limited 10 thing here in America we can use what we want for magazines how many states are limited to 10?

... optics on handguns belong in Open Division. You can use your "CORE" carry model pistol there.

...have bad eyesight? Get a pair of glasses same as I did.

... Leave Limited 10 alone. I'm SO sick of hearing people dump on this division especially when they want to kill it off for their own personal gain.

Jake Well actually the guys that are shooting now are use scope manufactures adapter plates no CORE's yet I couldn't find a CORE so I just bought a M&P pro and going to put a burris fastfire 3 on it with there adapter plate.

Hey attbar You will have to forgive me about limited 10 thing here in America we can use what we want for magazines how many states are limited to 10?

At least 3 that I can think of without going to Google: Hawaii, California, and New York (actually 7 there, unless you are competing).

Troy

Im sure about CA, HI, NY, limited to 10. Plastic guns are not in any equipment disadvantage at all in open division. If you want to shoot a production gun, with optics, minor loads, do it in Open Div. you CAN be competitive still, I personally dont see any reason why not.

lets get rid of limited 10 its outlived its usefulness anyway

Really? What about the states with a 10 rd limit?

Indeed, there are many states that have laws that now have some sort of mag bans, whether 10 or 15 rounds ca, md, hi, ma, ct, co, nj, ny...

I play in limited 10 sometimes, when I first got into pistols I just knew it needed to be a 45. So I bought a XD in 45 then I wanted to do all this work to it so 6-7 hundred later I have a pretty cool blaster.

Then I found USPSA and realized the 45 was not really well suited for this game but I found limited 10 was a perfect fit. So it may be small but for those of us that started with a 45 because it was a "mans round" it's a good place to get your foot in the door.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

Hey Nik Ya thats what they're doing now but if your a competitive person you wouldn't want to give up that much of a equipment disadvantage shooting against full on race rigs . I think Production rules with slide mounted optic's is the next big thing lets get rid of limited 10 its outlived its usefulness anyway and get Production optic's going :devil:

Yeah? Hilton Yam made A class in open with a 4.25 m&p shooting minor with a melted rmr, no comp and plenty of skill. Hes at a huge equipment disadvantage but you know what they say, its the indian not the arrow :)

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

So we should nuke an existing division or create a new one to cater to a few people who want to shoot open, but not really shoot open? In all seriousness, because the guns in question are typically used by the "tactical" crowd, this division would be a better fit for IDPA.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

All I'm saying is, USPSA is IMO, a sport for all shooters. Not just the Super Stars. If a new Division will bring in new members, what is wrong with that. BTW, I hate shooting with a Red Dot.

Can't see? Get glasses. Don't want to get glasses? Get an optic and shoot open. Don't want to spend a ton of money on an open gun? Get glasses and shoot Production. Don't want to shoot production with glasses? Buy an open gun.

Leave the damn divisions alone. There is a division for just about everything out there already.