Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

USPSA Sight Question

joesuits4

I have Sevigny competition sights on my G19 Gen 4 and they were great, however I just ordered Dawson adjustable rear sight and Dawson front fiber optic .100 wide .300 tall for my G34 Gen 4.

I want to make sure I can adjust to zero dead on and not be at the mercy of a slight error with fixed sights or factory barrel. At least that is what I keep telling myself ;).

When I was shooting Glocks I really liked the Warren Sevigny competition sights. But, after seeing the TTi's, I think I would start there. The FO "dot" being at the top of the sight sounds like a great update to a classic design.

I use the Sevigny Competition sights on both my Glock and my M&P. I actually run the plain black sights rather than FO. I just prefer those. The improvement was tremendous - PARTICULARLY on the Glock (which has much less desirable factory sights IMHO - too low). I don't like the "dog eared" look of the regular Warren Tacticals. Seems distracting.

I use the Sevigny Competition sights on both my Glock and my M&P. I actually run the plain black sights rather than FO. I just prefer those. The improvement was tremendous - PARTICULARLY on the Glock (which has much less desirable factory sights IMHO - too low). I don't like the "dog eared" look of the regular Warren Tacticals. Seems distracting.

What he said. The Sevigny's were the first sights to give me the look of the old drop in Bomar rights, with the overhanging rear sight, so I switched to them for competition in all black, and in night sight versions for carry/house guns....

I run the Sevigny competition on my G34. .225 Fiber Optic for the front and the black notch for the rear. The fiber optic lights up like a Christmas tree outdoors. The only issue I have is that I really can't see the front sight at indoor ranges ( too dark) but since I mainly shoot outdoors they work fine.

I think I've tried everything there was to try 10 years ago and settled on fixed Heinie rears and depending on the game I'm playing either a solid AmeriGlo or a Dawson FO front. I was just checking zero last nite and again am thinking about adjustables. I had BoMars years ago and sure would like to try them again.

Edited by ede

I have the Dawson adjustable rear and Dawson fiber optic front installed on my G34 gen 4 and really like them. I use it for USPSA.

I second that. Use the same setup on a G 34 and it is great.

• 2 weeks later...

Warren/Sevigny sights. I use the rabbit ear rear w/ the FO front.

I used adjustables when I started out. I found that, once I dialed them in, I never, and I mean never, adjusted them again. At the distances we shoot at, I could not appreciate any change in POI using the same setting for different loads, even when going from Major to Minor PF or with different bullets. So now I sweat and cuss once zeroing the fixed sights, and don't worry about them afterwards other than to replace the FO when it gets dim.

I have Sevigny competition sights on my G19 Gen 4 and they were great, however I just ordered Dawson adjustable rear sight and Dawson front fiber optic .100 wide .300 tall for my G34 Gen 4.

I want to make sure I can adjust to zero dead on and not be at the mercy of a slight error with fixed sights or factory barrel. At least that is what I keep telling myself ;).

I just did the same thing to my G-34 gen 3 and I love it! With the Dawson adjustable rear I can really dial in my poa=poi. Improved my scores immediately. In our local weekly practice match today, I shot 30 out of a possible 36 A's. (6 C's, and no penalties.) For me that is a BIG improvement. :) Before the match, I shot a 2.5" group @ 25yrds during practice. (stock barrel) Unless you're shooting lead, I think the Glock factory barrels are very well made and accurate. (JMO)