Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Grip enhancement

CPW1265

Does anyone use anything different than the Fast Grip or any of the shooting sport specific grip enhancers? It's ok but like yesterday it was 90 degrees and very humid. My hands were sweating and it didn't work so well. I'm looking to see if anyone else uses anything different.

Thanks

I like the route of putting the extra "grip" on the gun. I had my limited Glock 35 done by Southpaw. Along with the grip work he did (undercuts, beaver tail, etc.), he added a very aggressive texturing onto the grip.

I have skateboard tape on the pistol and use ProGrip. ProGrip comes in spray or lotion. It helps with perspiration but also has its own grit as part of the composition. It feels like 800 grit sandpaper, sort of. I've been using it a long time and like it. Works for golf and racket sports too.

Rosin bag works too if you don't mind the way it feels on your hands.

I am going to go with that chalk or Rosin bag trick I was having trouble a few weekends ago from sweaty hands and even the stippling job I had on the glock was a little slippery.

I switched to the Extreme Shooters grip and I feel its an advantage. I always liked grip tape's feel but it kept coming off and never was solidly stuck to the grip so I went stippling years ago when it came out.

Stippling was a compromise. Extreme's grips feel like they are a piece of sandpaper.

I like the route of putting the extra "grip" on the gun. I had my limited Glock 35 done by Southpaw. Along with the grip work he did (undercuts, beaver tail, etc.), he added a very aggressive texturing onto the grip.

+1. If you're shooting any of the plastic guns you can add as much or as little grip as you want with a little time and a soldering iron.

Ive got my 2011 Edge grip stippled and it has been plenty grip for me....until last last weekend when we shot in the perfect definition of oklahoma heat.

Humidity and sweat was causing some problems so i decided to use pro grip.

First time trying it i put it on both palms but it would cause difficulties in hitting mag release.

This time i put it on weak hand palm and on outside of strong hand. Worked perfectly...gun was locked in and i could still manipulate mag release.

Just my .02

I switched to the Extreme Shooters grip and I feel its an advantage. I always liked grip tape's feel but it kept coming off and never was solidly stuck to the grip so I went stippling years ago when it came out.

Stippling was a compromise. Extreme's grips feel like they are a piece of sandpaper.

Where does one get this grip?

Where does one get this grip?

Www.extremeshooters.com

Jason