Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stock II & III Xtreme now on the USPSA production gun list�!

Hey all,

I have been emailing back and for with Eric Grauffel and John with the DNROI about getting one or both of the xtreme tanfoglio models on the approved production gun list and I just got an email this morning saying they now are! If you look on the list now on the USPSA sight they are both in fact there. This mean now USPSA production shooters can legally add any of the Xtreme parts from Eric's shop to their existing production guns! I have been drooling over the new Xtreme double action trigger they just came out with that is supposed to drastically lighten and smooth out the DA and SA trigger pulls, and i will soon be ordering one to put on my Stock II.

As a side note, I have also been interested in one of the xtreme cone fit guide rods, that I'm pretty sure Henning came out with first, but now Eric sells one too and he advertises that his is 10% heavier than the stock one is this the same with the Henning one, or if I would like the cone fit and the extra weight am i better getting Eric's guide rod?

-Eli

Edited by EngineerEli

Yes , Henning let Eric copy his design, so it should be identical, but contact Henning to be sure.

It will be interesting to see if people start showing up with Stock 2 and 3's. They are still difficult to get a hold of. Maybe in the near future.

• 4 weeks later...

Eli, I can't find anything on the Extreme double action trigger do you have a link.The only thing that is shown on Grauffels site is the single action trigger.

Mike

Cant believe im only noticing this now but I meant the xtreme double action hammer (not trigger). My thought is that with a slightly customized egw hard sear you should be able to pull off a really sweat trigger! Edited by EngineerEli

Eli, I can't find anything on the Extreme double action trigger do you have a link.The only thing that is shown on Grauffels site is the single action trigger.

Mike

Cant believe im only noticing this now but I meant the xtreme double action hammer (not trigger). My thought is that with a slightly customized egw hard sear you should be able to pull off a really sweat trigger!

Ok I understand,thanks

The only differences I am aware of are the standard vs Australia model. The aussy one is longer, same as the limited but with the double action trigger system. I have also heard some have a two piece sear and some have one. Mine is two, the firing pin block lifter is a separate piece. There are also the large and small frame versions but that difference is pretty well known. The most common one here in the states is the shorter std langth frame barrel and slide, large frame, and I think two piece sear. Thats what mine was at least.

The only differences I am aware of are the standard vs Australia model. The aussy one is longer, same as the limited but with the double action trigger system. I have also heard some have a two piece sear and some have one. Mine is two, the firing pin block lifter is a separate piece. There are also the large and small frame versions but that difference is pretty well known. The most common one here in the states is the shorter std langth frame barrel and slide, large frame, and I think two piece sear. Thats what mine was at least.

Thanks, all the places that list them for sale don't give any details about any of that info. so i guess its a gamble of what we'll get...?

Hey.

I want to respond to the questions and rumours surrounding the Tanfoglio Extreme products.

Eric Grauffel and Tanfoglio have copied these designs without asking me for permission or offered any courtesy what so ever.

On Eric's website you will see pictures of my products, labelled as their "Extreme" designs.

The attention to detail is not the same and I don't know what kind of material they are using. I know one thing; they have not been able to copy the Flat Trigger System. The Tanfoglio Extreme is straight, but it has not solved the wobble problem. My trigger is designed to eliminate this problem and also offers a precision pre- and over-travel adjustments.

If you have any questions about the Henning products, you can call Jeremiah at 720 325 7890. He will alert me if there is a technical question he cannot answer. Otherwise, please feel free to email us at questions@henningshop.com.

Thanks,

Henning Wallgren

Hey.

I want to respond to the questions and rumours surrounding the Tanfoglio Extreme products.

Eric Grauffel and Tanfoglio have copied these designs without asking me for permission or offered any courtesy what so ever.

On Eric's website you will see pictures of my products, labelled as their "Extreme" designs.

The attention to detail is not the same and I don't know what kind of material they are using. I know one thing; they have not been able to copy the Flat Trigger System. The Tanfoglio Extreme is straight, but it has not solved the wobble problem. My trigger is designed to eliminate this problem and also offers a precision pre- and over-travel adjustments.

If you have any questions about the Henning products, you can call Jeremiah at 720 325 7890. He will alert me if there is a technical question he cannot answer. Otherwise, please feel free to email us at questions@henningshop.com.

Thanks,

Henning Wallgren

Henning, left you a message.

Edited by Torogi

Henning

There seems to be alot of that going around right now. Not only on your products but frames and grips as well. It is a compliment to have your design copied but not ethical. People just need to remember who did the work and made the products available and buy from them not the companies that copied others designs.

Hey.

Thanks,

Henning Wallgren

Thanks for the informative post. Sorry they don't give you credit or share in their profits. Even if it's legal that doesn't make it right.

Hey.

Thanks,

Henning Wallgren

I don't have a dog in this fight, but I can't see how the products are the same. The guide rods and possibly the front sights look similar. But the triggers look totally different, Eric makes a hammer (which Henning does not), and the firing pins also look different to me.

Hey.

Thanks,

Henning Wallgren

I have both your products...by design there has to be similarities,...but the parts a NOT the same. If it is your belief that no one can make other tanfoglio parts aftermarket, than no one could make a hammer or firing pin for a 1911 by their own design. (?) He has a firing pin for DA,...and a hammer for DA/SA, as well as a different front sight. I have the grips, pads,.etc from both of you....they are not the same. Guide rod is the closest part that is similiar....but there is not much that can be changed.

ie: Tires are round,....and look how many tire companies there are...just saying...sorry.

I love the direction this thread has turned! There is a great debate to be had here surrounding the concept of "intellectual property" and it's rational legitimacy in a free market. I doubt the mod squad would enjoy a philosophical debate on the subject here, but I encourage anyone interested in the subject to check out a book called It's a Jetsons' World by Jeffery Tucker available for free in pdf and audiobook all over the internet.

Well I took my stock 2, large frame, out to the range for the first time this evening. It didn't like my reloads as they were a little long and didn't feed well. I only shot 10 and it had one failure where it didn't go into battery due to the oal. I can't get these reloads to even hand cycle through the gun.

I did fire 200 flawless rounds of factory ammo through it , 100 federal and 100 wwb. They ran great and I was shocked at how little the gun recoiled even with factory loads.

The double action is a little heavy, but is clean, and the single action was pretty good and clean but could be a bit lighter.

I emailed henning earlier today and heard back from him this evening as well and placed an order for some springs and a new front sight. Thanks Henning!!

We'll see how much these new springs change the overall feel of the gun.