Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stock II & III Xtreme now on the USPSA production gun list�!

While on the topic of production legal equipment, I have been trying to figure out if the Henning, or for that matter Grauffel, extended base pads (the smaller ones, top and bottom parallel, not the 141mm ones) are short enough to fit in the production box and are therefore legal for use in production?

Glad to hear that, it had been my initial though. I know E-Mishka and was planning to pick the pads up from him this week. I cant stand the factory Tanfoglio plastic base pads.... Are other people using these pads in production with their Stock II's or Limited Pro's??? Is it a big improvement?

If you use the OEM rubber base pads, you will not fit inthe USPSA production box. I have both the Henning and Eric pads for my production guns. Legal,...and better than flat steel plates for basepads. the advantage is that you are usually assured that the mag is seated. The drawback is that you need to check the retention screws,..if they walk out, you may find your mag will not seat in the gun. I added grip tape to the bottom,...as I found them a little slippy once in a while.

If you use the OEM rubber base pads, you will not fit inthe USPSA production box. I have both the Henning and Eric pads for my production guns. Legal,...and better than flat steel plates for basepads. the advantage is that you are usually assured that the mag is seated. The drawback is that you need to check the retention screws,..if they walk out, you may find your mag will not seat in the gun. I added grip tape to the bottom,...as I found them a little slippy once in a while.

Are you referring to the plastic base pads on the "k9" mags that won't fit in the box?

I love the direction this thread has turned! There is a great debate to be had here surrounding the concept of "intellectual property" and it's rational legitimacy in a free market. I doubt the mod squad would enjoy a philosophical debate on the subject here, but I encourage anyone interested in the subject to check out a book called It's a Jetsons' World by Jeffery Tucker available for free in pdf and audiobook all over the internet.

kneelingatlas- I searched a while and couldn't find a free version of this book. Would you have a link to it handy? Thanks