Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Dual trigger,, anyone have one?

M ammo

I really thought this was a joke at first. Looks like a paint ball item to me, no obvious use on a real rifle. Seems like easier to have a ND as you have two fingers to keep off of the trigger.

And, it also looks like the "lower" trigger is outside the "trigger guard". I'm not sure I would even allow it to be used in a match I was running.

EDIT: The one at Brownells does have a "2nd" trigger guard unlike the first one I saw that had none.

Edited by MarkCO

I have a buddy,,, that is a paintball guy,,,,,,,,,,, you want to see some,,, super fast shooting,,, its not an Auto, GUN,,, ,, paint ball gun,,, its this trigger!!!!

This type of trigger,,,,

for 3 Gun,,, speed is King,,,, your double taps are now,,,,, faster,,, for long range shots,,, your trigger is now super lite,,, on the bottom,,, trigger pull...

mark,,, my words,,, This will be a game changer,,,,

kind of like,,,, Plastic pistol holsters,,,,, 10 years ago,,,

Edited by M ammo

I had a similar trigger on my AR once , fired on pull , again on release. :surprise: Screwed up my whole match.

Good thing was it started on the last stage of the day, went to a LGS and bought a new one .

Edited by toothandnail

So if I'm seeing this right, the lower trigger weight might be lower but will have more travel before firing and reset? Seems like at best it would be a push as far as speed. I've got one AR with a pound and a half trigger. Don't really need another trigger to go lighter. I've run splits before in the sub .10 range with a regular single trigger AR. Not sure how much speed a second one would gain me. I think I'll pass on this one.

I have a buddy,,, that is a paintball guy,,,,,,,,,,, you want to see some,,, super fast shooting,,, its not an Auto, GUN,,, ,, paint ball gun,,, its this trigger!!!!

This type of trigger,,,,

for 3 Gun,,, speed is King,,,, your double taps are now,,,,, faster,,, for long range shots,,, your trigger is now super lite,,, on the bottom,,, trigger pull...

Paintball guys can "walk" their triggers because the travel is next to nothing, and the trigger is only activating a tiny electronic switch. Usually the trigger weight is much less than 1lb.

They also remove most of their hand from the pistol grip to achieve this (index, middle, and thumb are usually all thats contacting the frame).

I feel like this would be a terribly inaccurate way to shoot a rifle.

There is this thing called a "2-stage" trigger...much safer, much cheaper, much better performance. Besides, going and reading 4 rules sets, this trigger would probably not be allowed in any division except open...

Paintball uses 1 pound dual "pad" electronic triggers which are different than this trigger. The technique is basically feathering, or bump firing with both fingers. IF you measure the splits of the top paintball guys, their splits are not faster than the top 3Gun guys.

M ammo, I hope you did not invest a lot of cash into this...their website is now down...

Edited by MarkCO

There is this thing called a "2-stage" trigger...much safer, much cheaper, much better performance. Besides, going and reading 4 rules sets, this trigger would probably not be allowed in any division except open...

Paintball uses 1 pound dual "pad" electronic triggers which are different than this trigger. The technique is basically feathering, or bump firing with both fingers. IF you measure the splits of the top paintball guys, their splits are not faster than the top 3Gun guys.

M ammo, I hope you did not invest a lot of cash into this...their website is now down...

Nope,,, don't have one,,,,,

I will probably,, not be one of the TOP 3 gun guys,,, even with this trigger,,,,, but as Inovation goes,,,, this is one of those steps,, to better and faster,,,

I have a buddy,,, that is a paintball guy,,,,,,,,,,, you want to see some,,, super fast shooting,,, its not an Auto, GUN,,, ,, paint ball gun,,, its this trigger!!!! This type of trigger,,,, for 3 Gun,,, speed is King,,,, your double taps are now,,,,, faster,,, for long range shots,,, your trigger is now super lite,,, on the bottom,,, trigger pull... mark,,, my words,,, This will be a game changer,,,, kind of like,,,, Plastic pistol holsters,,,,, 10 years ago,,,

Paintball guys can "walk" their triggers because the travel is next to nothing, and the trigger is only activating a tiny electronic switch. Usually the trigger weight is much less than 1lb.They also remove most of their hand from the pistol grip to achieve this (index, middle, and thumb are usually all thats contacting the frame).I feel like this would be a terribly inaccurate way to shoot a rifle.

I think this is the best point, paintball guys aren't worried about accuracy. They are laying down a wall of paint they just need one to break. We are trying to put hits on each target, I will be shocked if this took off even if the rules did allow it.

This type of trigger,,,,

Off topic, but why do you type in broken sentences? its very distracting and frankly hard to follow. I cant help but read it in Obamas voice lol

This type of trigger,,,,

Off topic, but why do you type in broken sentences? its very distracting and frankly hard to follow. I cant help but read it in Obamas voice lol

It got your attention!

This type of trigger,,,,

No I don't think so.In fact I doubt I will ever see one at a match or anywhere. With respect Paintball is not three gun.

Pat

Edited by Alaskapopo

I have yet to find a video of a rifle actually being fired using this. Surprisingly, I found a couple articles that said this is manufactured for Elftmann by Dillon Precision.

It uses the standard AR hammer. It's claims of improving the trigger pull are based on comparing it to a standard AR trigger. It's easy to improve crap.

It should be a hit w/ people who like to shoot fast without concern for actually hitting a target though.

Edit- here's one of the only reviews I could find. http://www.shootingillustrated.com/index.php/26810/elftmann-%20%20tactical-dual-enhancement-trigger-d-tr/

Edited by Bryan 45

Fishing lures don't have to catch fish they just have to get fishermen to buy them... same principle with many gun accessories. .

I bet if 3gun's equivalent of Kevin VanDam was seen with this trigger on his rifle they'd show up on ARs everywhere whether they helped or not :)