Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

"Shadow Line"

TerryT

in my old shadow with 147gr montana gold cmj i had to use the 6o'clock hold as well. With lighter bullets 124gr it was right on. try changing your bullet weight or a taller front sight, not shorter.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Shadows as I recall come out set up for pretty much a 6 o'clock hold. I can't find it, but there was a pretty long thread when the short dustcover Shadow came out about this. Without going into the arguments of which is better if you want a dead on hold I would change the FS. If your searchfu is better than mine you might even find the link.

Don't worry Terry we will get you fixed up. Shouldn't be 2 much longer if Stu would send me Short Resets!! Lol!!

Stu,

Please send the short resets. I have a Shadow Line waiting on one. Killing me!

After waiting about three months, my Shadow arrived two days ago.

I am as happy as Dracula in a blood bank !

I haven't shot it in a match yet, but shooting it indoors at 10 yards offhand (in my 76 year old

hands), I shot a five shot group that could be covered by a quarter.

A double action Bill Drill was faster than one singe action.

My only small compaint (every body has them) was there is not enough travel

in the rear sight adjustment to drop the group to point of aim.( I am shooting 115 grain

factory loads. I will try 147 grain when I can find them.) With the sight all the way down,

the group is about 2" high at 30 feet.

I am looking forward to the next match to see how it handes at speed.

Has anyone shot a stock cz75 shadow line and compared it to a SP-01? How does the recoil or the transitions feel between the two guns? The grip and the trigger weight should feel the same, but the lighter slide and the short dust cover should make a difference. I'm thinking of getting a SP-01 shadow and I'm wondering if the Shadow Line 75 might be a better gun for USPSA Production because of the lighter weight.

So, another update (still trying to get that video review done).

I had another abomination of a match at the Spartanburg Showdown (IDPA match) last weekend. Very first stage of the day (in the rain, no less), I fire one shot, have a jam. Gun won't go into battery. Tap, rack and still won't go into battery. Tap, racked 2 more times and still not going into battery. At that point I just unload and show clear. 70 penalty pts in mikes and 7 FTE's ended my match before it even began. I got a bullshit procedural 2 stages later and just decided to call it a day and left. Turns out....I inadvertently allowed a handful of rounds, that didn't pass my case gauging, get into my match ammo. I have no clue what so ever how that happened. That has never happened to me before. Very hard lesson learned.

Sorry TerryT for bailing on you and not letting you see the gun. I wasn't in the best frame of mind.

Anyway, as I noted in earlier posts my gun shoots really high. I have to hold at 6 oclock in order to get hits. That makes shooting at competition speed, and hitting precision shots, near impossible (at least for me, at any type of speed). I can't shoot like that. So, I went ahead and ordered a taller front sight; 1.0 x 6.5mm (smaller diameter fiber optic in order to get more precise aiming). Should be here on Tuesday or so.

I also, on the advice of Stuart and others here, got a hold of some 124gr Montana Gold's and loaded them with 5.0grs of WSF at AOL of 1.125. MUCH better results. Pretty much point of aim = point of impact with the 124's. Hard to believe the difference. I still, for some unknown reason, am pulling the second shot of quick double taps to the left. I need to fix that problem asap. But, controlled shots are very accurate with the 124's.

So, when my new sight gets here I will install it and see how the 147's shoot with it. If POA=POI with that set up I will leave it alone and roll with it. If not, I will put the stock sight back on, sell or trade my 147gr and get some 124gr and go with that.

Sorry for the long winded post. Figured people, especially TerryT, might find the info useful.

Edited by blueorb

Thanks for the update. I am probably still 2 to 3 weeks away from getting my CZ. Saw you were having a real tough day and didn't want to bother you. Let me know if the taller sight works. I have 6,000 147g Montana Gold's ready to reload.

Another update.

Got back from vacation today and my new sight was here. Not sure why I was worried about changing the sight. It was a very simple process. The hardest part is getting the new sight into the notch. It is a VERY tight fit. Mallet is definitely required.

I went with the 1.0 x 6.5mm (.255) front sight. It works perfectly with my 147gr MG's. POA=POI out to 25 yards (I could'nt go any further as the indoor range stops at 25).

First pic is 5 rounds from 7 yrds, offhand. Not exactly rapid fire but 5 very quick paced shots. Just enough pause to let my sights settle.

2nd pic is 5 rounds, offhand, slow fire from 20 yards. The head on that target is about 4 - 4.5 inches (quarter for size comparison)

I'm very happy with the results. At least I'll be able to use the rest of my 147's.

post-25921-0-33303500-1369696389_thumb.j

post-25921-0-02998800-1369696417_thumb.j

Edited by blueorb

• 2 weeks later...

Any word on when or if these will be legal for production?

Yeah, that's the burning question. I sent an inquiry to the NROI and received the below response. I am hoping to have an answer by October's NC Sectional but I'm not holding my breath. Odds are I will be shooting L10 Minor. Oh well...

"Shannon, I am forwarding your email on to John Amidon, he would be the one to answer this. Thank You, Deanna"

TerryT - did you get your gun yet?

Edited by blueorb

IPSC has the Shadow Line guns approved for IPSC Production.

Stuart,

What does that mean as far as USPSA, if anything? Once it's approved for IPSC is it approved for USPSA? I know nothing about IPSC other than I hate their targets.

I just received this from John Amidon:

"Shannon,

On the current approved Production gun list, there are several shadow models, I have not received any new compliance forms from CZ indicating this handgun, so they either have not produced the required number or have not gotten to send me the signed forms.

Regards,

John Amidon"

Odds are I will be shooting L10 Minor. Oh well...

This can't be your only CZ is it? I've got CZs for 4 divisions :devil:

Lol...I'm just a po'boy. This is definitely my only CZ.

Edit to add:

Just received the below response from John regarding the two lists. So, I will be shooting Lim 10 at the sectional.

"Sorry Shannon, one list is completely different than the other. CZ USA is usually to ones that apply for approval for our list.

John"
Edited by blueorb

And, the response from CZ-USA regarding getting the gun approved for USPSA production:

"We have to wait until we have 2000 of them produced before it will be able to be on the approved list for Production, apparently IPSC doesn’t have that requirement. We’ll get it submitted when it meets that requirement.

Thanks,

Zach Hein

800 955 4486

fax: 913 321 2251

Blue,

If you like the gun drive on. I dont think anyone at local matches is going to have a huge issue with you shooting that gun in production. The only issue will be going to larger area matches so if that is a problem, look for alternatives, otherwise, rock it.