"Shadow Line"

TerryT

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I find it funny that its not approves since its just a reproduction of the classic 75

Kind of wondering this too. Slide is rollmarked CZ75, and mechanically it is a CZ75. If you put up its specs, it would be the same and any changes are already allowed by the rules; sights, safeties, grips.

I find it funny that its not approves since its just a reproduction of the classic 75

Kind of wondering this too. Slide is rollmarked CZ75, and mechanically it is a CZ75. If you put up its specs, it would be the same and any changes are already allowed by the rules; sights, safeties, grips.

Xactly

• 2 weeks later...

Final update on this. I shot my last match with my Shadow Line yesterday. I found an almost like new regular CZ75 that I am trading on. Going to gut my gun to get all the parts that Stuart put in and have them installed on the new CZ75. I just need to buy new Shadow Line grips to replace the ones I destroyed from dry firing.

The dumbest thing about all of this? Aside from the grips the two guns are identical. You can't tell them apart. Just silly that I am having to do this.

Blue,

Why not just wait? It seems like a losing endeavor from a monetary standpoint.

Also, dont the shadow lines lack the firing pin Block like the regular shadows?

Sign form, send it in. It worked for FNH.

Sign form, send it in. It worked for FNH.

Not to be too much of a dick but...well...

You forgot "grease palms".

Blue,

Why not just wait? It seems like a losing endeavor from a monetary standpoint.

Also, dont the shadow lines lack the firing pin Block like the regular shadows?

It shouldn't be much longer before it is approved. The regular 75 will not have nearly as good a trigger as it has a firing pin block.

Well, this owner of the 75 is a friend so I will have no problem backing out if I wish. I will be fine with the Shadow Line at the ProAm in July

However, my concern is the GA State Match on August 30. What would ya'll suggest? Just shoot limited 10 minor? That puts me at such a disadvantage. And then there is the NC Sectional in October.

Oh, and Will, very nice match on Sunday!

Do you have anyone in your club with a CZ 75 pattern pistol you can borrow for the match? If you were closer I'd let you borrow one of mine. I would buy/borrow another Production pistol before I shot L10 Minor at a big match.

Edited by kneelingatlas

Thanks! CZ is definitely the gun for me. As far as GA state goes if its not approved by then I would just go L10 minor. Trust me the regular 75 will not compare to any of the Shadow models.

Put VZ grips on the Shadowline. All indication that it is a new model gone.

Editing to add that I don't condone cheating, I agree with others that distinguishing the Shadowline as a truly new models seems excessive.

Edited by allthumbs

The CZ Shadow Line is how CZ should have been building their CZ 75's.

Comes with ambi safety, no FPB & the upswept beavertail, with the classic lines of the original CZ 75/75B. IMO, the perfect CZ. I like the smaller safeties as the SP01 platform is useless to larger handed shooter. The platform is too low!!! I hate the new hammer & will be swapping it for a comp hammer. Give me the factory black rubber grips all day long too, they are excellent, IMO.

I sat with Angus in NZ earlier this year & described this exact pistol as my ultimate CZ.

I find my CZ Shadows all shot high at 25m with factory 5.5mm front sights, so replaced with 6.0-6.5 for POA/POI.

Can't wait for the CZ Shadow Line. Got my name on the first one into Australia.

Cheers, Ando.

Xactly

So would you be kosher with it being used at club level, I'm thinking of ordering one?

So would you be kosher with it being used at club level, I'm thinking of ordering one?

The club-level matches I've shot have all been don't ask, don't tell so long as competitors aren't doing anything that violates the spirit of the rules. I've never seen an equipment check or chrono station at a local IDPA, USPSA, or Steel Challenge match. The problem would come when you want to shoot a higher-level match.

Since I started this thread, thought I would share an update now that I have received my new Shadow Line. Trigger from Mink with the short reset is amazing. Coming from a Glock, it is hard to believe how good it is. I shot a state idpa match last weekend and didn't miss a piece of steel, which never happened with the Glock. The CZ with the VZ grips fits my hand like a glove. Also shot a SHO/WHO stage far better than I have ever done. The gun tracks great. Had dozens of targets with two shots an inch apart at splits as fast as I could pull the trigger. Again, I could never do that with the Glock.

Really only three issues with the gun. First, I had many mags fall about 1" and then stick during my reloads. Looking into the well, the mag release sticks into the well about 1/16" when fully depressed and pinched the mags. I relieved it a little and it took care of the issue. You have to be careful, because if you make it flush in the mag well, there will actually be a gap between the button and the frame when not depressed.

Had an adjustable rear sight put on. Even with the .260 Dawson front and the rear lowered as far as possible, shot about 4" high at 25 yards with my 147g bullets. Going to try some 124g loads, but if still shoots high, will go back to a fixed rear. Doing it again, I wouldn't put an adjustable rear on the gun.

Told the Bladetech DOH CZ 75B SA holster would fit the gun and ordered two. One for USPSA and one for IDPA. It doesn't fit. The muzzle hits the bottom and the trigger guard doesn't fully fit. The gun is held by "clamping" force making for a sticky draw in lieu of a clean release. Called Bladetech and they said they didn't have one that fits. Stuart (EERW) is looking into this for me.

Other than trying to figure out how to detail strip this gun, I couldn't be happier with how it actually shoots. Once I get the sights and holster straightened out, I think I have found the perfect production gun for me.

Had an adjustable rear sight put on. Even with the .260 Dawson front and the rear lowered as far as possible, shot about 4" high at 25 yards with my 147g bullets. Going to try some 124g loads, but if still shoots high, will go back to a fixed rear. Doing it again, I wouldn't put an adjustable rear on the gun.

Terry,

If you're shooting high you need a taller front sight, .260" is 6.6mm, the stock front sight from a Tactical Sport is 7.5mm tall, that should get you dialed in.

Blackfrontsight.jpg

Terry,

If you're shooting high you need a taller front sight, .260" is 6.6mm, the stock front sight from a Tactical Sport is 7.5mm tall, that should get you dialed in.

Blackfrontsight.jpg

Thanks for the help. I looked on the Dawson website and .260" was the tallest made. Didn't think to look elsewhere.