Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Primers

outerlimits

Thanks for the heads up!

Good to see the primer supply starting to trickle back...and even better that PV didn't jack the prices. Major kudos to them for being a cooler head during these crazy times. This is one of the reasons they are my go-to powder/primer source.

Edited by Bamboo

I would imagine they had almost a boatload of back orders and currently sold whatever was left after the backorders. Now they aren't accepting back orders and the next batch should last quite a bit longer.

I haven't had any problem with LP in .45 and SRP in small primer .45. Thats in a 1911 and some people have reported light strikes in polymer striker fired guns with light springs. Friend has a .40 Glock with stock springs and no problem there.

In the Montana Gold thread a poster stated that PV had 7 million Tula primers, and yep…they sold in a matter of a couple of hours. So, if that 7m number is correct that would be 700 orders of 10k worth of primers. Since a lot of people (myself included) bought two or more types that would cut the number of primer orders to something less than 700.

BTW - When I saw this post yesterday I immediately went to the PV website and ordered primers. I didn’t see any notices about a 10k limit on each type and initially ordered 10k SPP and 30K SRP which is what I ordered last time for primers as it fills out the 48lb haz mat ship limit with a little room to spare. The order went through and a little while later I got a very pleasant phone call from PV saying they are limiting their orders to 10k for each type and are going to reduce my SRP order to 10k. I have no problem with that whatsoever. I was ignorant of their 10k limit/type policy when I placed the order and much appreciated the heads up phone call. <<<< Another example of why PV is one of the best in the business.

10K each of 4 types and we wonder why supplies are low. I doubt even Jerry needs 40K! Hell, we're doing it to ourselves! :sight:

Truth... Companies are probably un-willing to add additional staff to fill all of the knee jerk orders because in a few months demand will dwindle and no one will need bullets, powder or primers for a year or so...

10K each of 4 types and we wonder why supplies are low. I doubt even Jerry needs 40K! Hell, we're doing it to ourselves! :sight:

40K isn't that big a stash for people who like to keep a year's supply on hand. Considering how many of us shoot 10-50k/yr, it seems like a reasonable amount to start the year with.

BB

40K isn't that big a stash for people who like to keep a year's supply on hand. Considering how many of us shoot 10-50k/yr, it seems like a reasonable amount to start the year with. BB

agreed. I have 40k and 40 lbs of powder on hand. Bullets are harder for me to keep on hand due to the higher cost involved. I have two cases on hand two in the pipeline.

Too much stress involved in trying to keep small amounts only on hand.