Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Feeding Vegetarians

bountyhunter

I seriously don't think vegetarians know what a royal PITA they are when somebody is trying to feed them. I used to take my departments out for pizza lunches sometimes and always had to order the "veggie specials" for the two vegetarians........ guess what there was always twenty five pieces of at the end of the lunch.

The grossest thing is trying to buy Chinese food for my in laws (two vegetarians): you have to get two TOFU "main dishes" which are the grossest crap I have ever seen and nobody ever finishes that junk. And of course all the noodles, rice and egg rolls have to be vegetarian.

Funniest movie I ever saw last night: guy is in line for food on a ship and when the cook serves him, he says:

"I can't eat this. I must have vegetarian food."

The cook says:

"Well, no problem. You can eat it. The cow I made the stew from was a vegetarian and the pig I made the sausage from was too."

Edited by bountyhunter

Saturday was helping a friend run some conduit and wire a shop. His mother bought burgers for us from BK and got a veggie burger for herself. One bite of that and she called the dog over. The dog wouldn't eat it either. Dog smarter than the human, he didn't pay for that crap.

Paul

yeah a 'vegetarian' can be quite the pain.

most eat little in any case, which does not help.

for guests at my house, my response is; I have a hard time serving

that which I won't eat. Can I saute your carrots in butter?

about the pizza... I dislike green peppers

if a vegetarian pizza is ordered without them, I'll eat it.

a long time when I had more friends and was more rude,

I had a friend who took up being a vegetarian.

I told him he would be hungry at my house unless he was willing to cook...

miranda

On some nights I'll cook without meat, just to have a small break from it. But in NO WAY could I ever be vegetarian!

Big fat juicy hamburger grilled with a slightly grilled bun, with all the toppings.....

Or a filet mignon cooked just perfect, so tender you can almost cut it with a spoon & melts in your mouth.....

Beef lasagna, homemade just the way mom makes it....

Who could give that stuff up?

My wife and I had another couple over for dinner. The wife is a vegetarian, so my wife made a spinach and strawberry salad and I grilled pork chops and a soy or tofu hot dog that they brought. Over dinner, the husband and I talked about the finer points of grilling. He's a charcoal guy, I swear by propane. His wife said she preferred charcoal. In my best Hank Hill impression I said, "with propane you taste the meat, not the heat." She replied that she wasn't eating meat and that charcoal was the only thing that gave her fake hot dog flavor. I told her that that was her choice, but my pork chop was delicious.

<---- vegetarian.

There is a difference between being a vegetarian and being a picky a-hole. Just order a plain cheese pizza for the vegetarians. I guarantee it will get eaten unless the pizza place is so bad that their pies can't be stomached without the sauce being overpowered by toppings.

Tofu is (99% of the time) gross, I can't help you there.