Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stoeger M3000 Scattergun?

Hotchkiss

I like extended choke tubes so I do not need a wrench. CDNN has a deal on "Beretta" extended choke tubes for Beretta-Benelli-Franchi. Five tubes and a cheap case for $39.99 plus shipping. Three of the short knurled extension tubes are IC, M, and F and marked marketed by Beretta but made by someone else (Italian). One of the choke tubes is Beretta OEM rifled slug tube with a short knurled extension. But one of the choke tubes is a Beretta OEM "extended" Improved Modified that is almost 2 inch extension! Yes, they fit my Stoeger 3000.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I finally got around to making a few modifications. The most notable is a slight opening of the loading port. It's not much but is noticeably better than stock. I may open it more after I get more practice loading. I also shortened the stock .500", added the oversized bolt release, and smoothed out the mag tube.

post-50336-0-15543600-1392567896_thumb.j

post-50336-0-24824600-1392567905_thumb.j

post-50336-0-78839700-1392567923_thumb.j

I finally got around to making a few modifications. The most notable is a slight opening of the loading port. It's not much but is noticeably better than stock. I may open it more after I get more practice loading. I also shortened the stock .500", added the oversized bolt release, and smoothed out the mag tube.

Nice job. Very clean and uniform.

Yeah that looks great!

Very nice job! I took about the same amount of material out of my loading and am still amazed the difference it makes with just the small amount I did. Definitely worth the time and effort

I'm not a fan of the tiny fiber optic. Has anyone replaced theirs yet and with what?

Same here. I actually don't mind the size but it doesn't seem to pick up much light. I'd much rather replace with Green or Yellow.

After recently replacing the broken fiber optic in my M&P Pro front sight I'm wondering how difficult it would be to just pop out the red fiber and replace with something brighter. Looks like it would have to be glued or something, though.

I replaced mine with this: http://www.brownells.com/shotgun-parts/sights/front-sights/versamax-front-sight-

competition-master-hi-viz-versamax-front-sight-competition-master-hi-viz-sku767-000-952-56475-118445.aspx

I had to drill/tap the existing hole for a #6-40 thread.

Is the original sight just pressed in or is it threaded?

Edited by Amr

I watched for the bead during practice, and I realized that I am not really even aware of it when I shoot. The stock is adjusted to fit me, and when I bring it up I am looking right down the length of the rib. I guess the only time I really even focus on the bead at all is when I shoot slugs. I am strongly left-eye dominant but right handed, so I see as much of the side of the rib as the top. I guess I just know what the sight picture is supposed to look like when I am hitting, and it has nothing to do with the bead. Is this unusual for left eye dominant people? I know when I used to shoot skeet I had to learn to ignore the mid bead, or I always shot ahead of the high house targets. I haven't really seen the value in fiber optic beads on shotguns, I guess is what I am trying to say. Do you right eyed people find them very necessary?

I got the Nordic VM lightweight charging handle, but I'm having a heck of a time getting it to go in. How are you supposed to coax it in? Do I just need a bigger hammer?

It needs to be turned down slightly. You can chuck it up in a drill press or even a hand drill and use a sanding block. Thats what I did and fits like a champ now

I got the Nordic VM lightweight charging handle, but I'm having a heck of a time getting it to go in. How are you supposed to coax it in? Do I just need a bigger hammer?

It needs to be turned down slightly. You can chuck it up in a drill press or even a hand drill and use a sanding block. Thats what I did and fits like a champ now
Could you elaborate a bit? How much did you take it down? On what part do the shaft? Pix?

Lol! I was hoping for a picture of the modification. I know they look great. I have one on my M2.

Yeah, I thought I was making a funny but I think my humor can be a little dry sometimes. Here's what I did. Looks ugly but works pretty well.

handle2.jpg