Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stoeger M3000 Scattergun?

Hotchkiss

I just bought a m3000 and the first thing i did was open the loading port. The you tube video Jesse has was a huge help. If you are planning on doing this i highly suggest you watch his video. I happened to get the 26in so i hope it goes good.

Very helpful videos indeed! Especially the final shots showing the profile and contours in detail.

Jesse - did you wind up opening up the port further as noted at the end of the video? If so, can you post some pictures?

I need to open it up more. My M2 still loads a lot easier/faster.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So besides cutting the port what else is everyone doing to theirs?

Well I opened the port, put on a Nordic Components +9 tube, low drag follower, lightweight bolt handle, TTI oversized bolt release and am probably going to replace the front sight with something a little more visible. Not sure about that yet, though.

Kind of a noob question but I shoot really high on close in clays. Any idea why? I'm a very new shotgun shooter. I have to hold very low.

Have you patterned your shotgun? Sometimes on close shots I pull the trigger before the gun is shouldered and the muzzle is pointing up. It's easy to forget that the close targets are the hard targets with a shotgun. Which is just the opposite of the other two guns.

I don't know about Jesse but I took some 600 sandpaper to the mag tube and it definitely improved the action and quieted the gun down quite a bit.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

I couldn't stand the sound of that spring running on that tube with all the ridges on it. I sanded the crap out of it and it still makes a little noise. I'm gonna do more of it.

I say save a little longer and go with the Vinci. The Inertia drive is amazing but there are definite advantages to the Benelli. The M3000 is limited due to design as to how much work can be done around the loading port and as it sits stock it needs work to truly be smooth with twins and quad loads. There is no need for modification on the magazine tubes, Nordic and other companies make Vinci extensions now. The Vinci is lighter and much much easier to do mod work to around the port.

I say save a little longer and go with the Vinci. The Inertia drive is amazing but there are definite advantages to the Benelli. The M3000 is limited due to design as to how much work can be done around the loading port and as it sits stock it needs work to truly be smooth with twins and quad loads. There is no need for modification on the magazine tubes, Nordic and other companies make Vinci extensions now. The Vinci is lighter and much much easier to do mod work to around the port.

My gunsmith says the M2 is better than the Vinci for 3 Gun.

How High are you shooting and at what distance? Usual ways people shoot night is they do not get a good cheek weld on the shotgun as your eye is the rear sight. If it's up higher your gun shoots high. Another common reason is the shooter wants to see the break or hit so they lift Thir head to see it.

I don't know about Jesse but I took some 600 sandpaper to the mag tube and it definitely improved the action and quieted the gun down quite a bit.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

I couldn't stand the sound of that spring running on that tube with all the ridges on it. I sanded the crap out of it and it still makes a little noise. I'm gonna do more of it.

Same here. I polished mine up totally and it's really nice now.