Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stoeger M3000 Scattergun?

Hotchkiss

Adding the chute to the trigger group is next on my list.

I ran my shotgun in another match yesterday and it ran flawlessly again, eating the cheap bulk federal without a hiccup. I also invited my father to his first match, so the shotgun served double duty. Halfway through the stages he started asking me if buying a shotgun like I had was good enough to run in matches. After seeing all the positive comments here and knowing my own results, I answered absolutely.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got back from my first major match running the Open Class M3000. 100 percent function through 8 stages, which is better than I can say for its driver! :) I took 8th in Open at the Western 3GN Regionals. I shot in the same squad as Miculek, and his 930 had more malfunctions than the Stoeger (1 vs 0, but still......) . Never mind that he still beat me by something like half an hour :blush: I will youtube a couple stages as soon as I recover and ship the M3000s I didn't finish before heading to Vegas. Got to compare notes with Jesse while I was there. What a great guy! He was I believe 3rd or 4th in Tac Optics, in a VERY tough field.

Ammo used-

Federal Bulk walmart- 1-1/8 1200fps #7-1/2s, approx. 100+ rds

Federal Truball Slugs- 1300fps Low Recoil, approx. 13 rds

Conditions- Wind-driven sand up to 25 mph, temps about 80 in the AM to 100+ in the afternoon.

Lube used- Rem-Oil, light film on the carrier rails. Graphite on the mag tube, light dusting in and out. Shooters Choice all-temp grease, dab on the cam surfaces inside carrier. Everything else wiped dry to keep from attracting sand.

Next major mod- I HAVE to get a Speed-loader chute for my shotgun. My very best quads still couldn't hold a candle to Jerry slamming loader tubes into his Mossberg. Other than that, the only thing holding my scores back was my lack of talent!

Edited by openclassterror

Over the weekend I took my M3k to the range. Holy Cow this thing is just amazing! Sent it MOA to have them do the Voodoo that they do so very well. A world of difference from running an 870 last year. Everything about it just puts a smile on my face.

Shot the versa max 3gun model in March, this feels lighter and feeds better, and at $500 less when all is said and done.

Thanks to Patrick E Kelley and Jesse Tischauser for starting us down this path. Also Tom Hart and everyone at MOA for making these sing.

See you at the range

Sounds like you had a nice time Tom. Thanks for sharing your experience.

Here are the photos that I promised from several weeks ago. The photo shows both pieces that I removed from the stock. As mentioned before, you have to drill the holes deeper once you cut past about 1/2".

post-24626-0-35459300-1400625160_thumb.j

post-24626-0-15338400-1400625369_thumb.j

Ryan,

How much of a difference for felt recoil from changing the recoil pad to kick ezz?

It's the only negative I have found so far with this gun, meaning it has more recoil.

Thanks,

Mike

Tom sounds like you had a blast and attach the video when you upload it. Ryan that looks good and how much did you chop off. 1/2 in 3/4". And that Kick ez was grind to fit right?

Ryan,

How much of a difference for felt recoil from changing the recoil pad to kick ezz?

It's the only negative I have found so far with this gun, meaning it has more recoil.

I found the stock recoil pad VERY hard. The Kickeez pad reminds me of the pad on my VersaMax. It is a nice improvement, but I can't really give details on the difference without shooting one with KickEzz and one with the stock pad side by side.

Edited by Ryan N

The KickEzz is grind to fit. I went with the KickEzz Magnum pad with no regrets due to it being a little thicker(1/4" I think). I have removed a total of almost 1.5" from the buttstock. LOP with the Magnum KickEzz is ~13.75".

Just got a steal on a barely used one. Gonna pimp it out as a loaner for the local matches. Thanks all who posted port jobs, mine will go under the knife this weekend. I've got a plethora of mag tubes laying around, just need a nut from MOA.

I just talked to Dave up at Kick-eez and I think we found a pad that should fit the standard screw spacing without poking extra holes, or using the ugly universal with the long slot. I ordered a pile of them, and I will post up a video of the install if it goes as planned. It is a pre-fit from another model, but it is slightly larger than the Stoeger, so should be able to grind in. The screw holes are slightly oval, so it should still fit the original mounting holes even if the stock is shortened up to an inch or so. The lower hole on a Stoeger is angled, so if you cut the stock, the screws get closer together. If this works out, I will make templates and pre-fit pads for uncut, 1/2", and 1" stocks so they are a drop-on.

I just talked to Dave up at Kick-eez and I think we found a pad that should fit the standard screw spacing without poking extra holes, or using the ugly universal with the long slot. I ordered a pile of them, and I will post up a video of the install if it goes as planned. It is a pre-fit from another model, but it is slightly larger than the Stoeger, so should be able to grind in. The screw holes are slightly oval, so it should still fit the original mounting holes even if the stock is shortened up to an inch or so. The lower hole on a Stoeger is angled, so if you cut the stock, the screws get closer together. If this works out, I will make templates and pre-fit pads for uncut, 1/2", and 1" stocks so they are a drop-on.

Nice!

Most excellent!

Kick-eez pads came in today. I ordered Yesterday afternoon. Now THAT is speedy service! It helps that their shop is only 6 hours from here! :) So, here are photos of the KZ-111 pre-fit pad as it fits out of the box, on an uncut stock. The toe is a little narrow, but there is a little pad to grind almost all the way around. It is about 3/8 thicker than the factory pad, so unless you are big like me (6'3") you probably want to trim a little stock off. I will post another set of pics after I grind the pad.

post-48876-0-57463200-1400792850_thumb.j

post-48876-0-57192700-1400792876_thumb.j

post-48876-0-82187500-1400792896_thumb.j

Ok, here is the same uncut stock after 15 minutes on the disc sander. 180 grit, followed by hand blending to 240 with wd40 as a wetting agent. Works even better if you freeze the pad between disc sanding and wet blending. You can see the slight mismatch where the pad didn't clean up in the second picture. If you shorten the stock AT ALL, (even 1/4") the mismatch goes away.

post-48876-0-26323800-1400796098_thumb.j

post-48876-0-28918300-1400796414_thumb.j

Edited by openclassterror

Kick-eez pads came in today. I ordered Yesterday afternoon. Now THAT is speedy service! It helps that their shop is only 6 hours from here! :) So, here are photos of the KZ-111 pre-fit pad as it fits out of the box, on an uncut stock. The toe is a little narrow, but there is a little pad to grind almost all the way around. It is about 3/8 thicker than the factory pad, so unless you are big like me (6'3") you probably want to trim a little stock off. I will post another set of pics after I grind the pad.

sweet Tom, also give us some feedback on the recoil difference. Tom i have a guy sending me emails about getting the Stoeger mag tube nut that you sell. I have no idea of who this guy is and he lives in France can you ship that to him or no? I gave him your contact info but he wants me to buy it for him and send it to him. FYI i am not doing that.

I have no idea what the rules are for exporting, so at this point I don't know. I believe that would require ITAR cert, and I don't want to go there. He emailed me a couple days ago and I don't have an answer, until I know the legalities. Thanks for the heads up, and thanks for not getting caught in it. Would be bad JuJu if it was a test. :ph34r:

I have no idea what the rules are for exporting, so at this point I don't know. I believe that would require ITAR cert, and I don't want to go there. He emailed me a couple days ago and I don't have an answer, until I know the legalities. Thanks for the heads up, and thanks for not getting caught in it. Would be bad JuJu if it was a test. :ph34r:

ok thanks man. Also let us know what you are selling the pads for i 'm interested, also looking forward to your video. Please don't do 1 stage at time with a 30 sec intro and ending of yourself. That $hit gets old :roflol:

If you have questions about our shop work, please PM me or post in the vendor page. I don't want to clutter up the tech forum with business, as Brian has been very nice to me in allowing me to participate here and I don't want to take advantage of that. PM sent thanks!

Tom

ok thanks man. Also let us know what you are selling the pads for i 'm interested, also looking forward to your video. Please don't do 1 stage at time with a 30 sec intro and ending of yourself. That $hit gets old :roflol:

Here it is with the required into and outro. Ain't noting free!

I figured out how to make my M3k jam. Don't clean or oil it the entire match even when there are 30 mph winds and lots of dust blowing around.

I had a jam I have never seen on this empty gun start. I think I had a shells get past the lifter but not past the shell catch which dumped a shell onto the lifter immediately or the shell catch let two shells go at once. Either way it was a death jam! Good lesson learned is keep a fast opening pocket knife in your strong side pocket.

Enjoy the lengthy intro/outro too. ;)

Edited by Jesse Tischauser

I had a jam I have never seen on this empty gun start. I think I had a shells get past the lifter but not past the shell catch which dumped a shell onto the lifter immediately or the shell catch let two shells go at once. Either way it was a death jam! Good lesson learned is keep a fast opening pocket knife in your strong side pocket.

Enjoy the lengthy intro/outro too. ;)

LOL J/A, Jesse nice save by the way makes me now know to carry a knife with me and Tom I think you did good, I can only imagine how nervous I would been as well. Edited by Oskino

Most excellent!

I'm in for one...