Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2013 nationals questions

shooter.860

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if you are heading to vegas you may be the only one there shooting.

production nationals are in tulsa, ok in october.

limited and (open i think) are in utah.

Edited by Prov1x

if you are heading to vegas you may be the only one there shooting.

production nationals are in tulsa, ok in october.

limited and (open i think) are in utah.

The OPEN NATS will be held in St George, UT. The dates are Sept 27th - 29th.

The nearest major airport is Las Vegas. To major matches I always carry at least twice what the stages require and then some. But I do not fly.

Best days to travel to Vegas? Are you asking about the best day for airfares or the least amount of traffic, or what?

Bill

Edited by Flatland Shooter

Is this shot on all three days ?

Yes, all 3 days. Half-day format.

Taking double the ammo could put you over the 11 lb limit airlines allow for ammo. There is a VERY SMALL chance the desk clerk would ask you to weigh the ammo separately, but there is a chance. In all the times I flew with guns and ammo, only once was the ammo weighed separately. It was all put back into my checked bags. I usually take match round count plus 200, but I don't fly anymore.

Thanks for replying, yes Im planning to fly into Vegas and drive to Utah.

Is this shot on all three days ?

A few things to keep in mind: SGU is about 90 minutes from LAS. Also, SGU is in the Mountain time zone where LAS is in the Pacific time zone so you loose an hour going east.

Also, it was arranged to have a ship to address for ammo at the nats in LAS. Hopefully, there will be an option in SGU.

Have fun!

Chuck

Three days of shooting may not be true this time. It was in the past but since they have split up nationals and don't have as many partipants, I wouldn't count on that. The dates are 27th-29th. The 27th may be registration day and shoot 28th and 29th. They have always finished shooting on Saturday with awards that night. This time the 29th is on a Sunday. With no more info on website, everyone that I talk to is confused about the dates!

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah, this will be my first Nationals too and I'm trying to make some plans. I clicked around on the Nationals website looking for the Match hotel, but did not see one. Does anyone know which one it is? Also, I'm shooting Limited 23-25. So, would flying in on the 22nd and leaving on the 26th be adequate?

For Hotels, try Hurricane, UT. A bit cheaper and actually closer to the range. Definitely bring a mag brush, dust covers and eye drops.

We chickened out on trying the "Chuck-O-Rama" in St. George for dinner...

I can shed a little light on the scheduling questions, but not for match hotel or most transportation questions.

The shooting days for the back to back handgun nationals are Monday, September 23 through Wednesday, September 25 for the Limited Nationals, and Friday, September 27 through Sunday, September 29 for the Open/L10 Nationals.

Registration for each match will be on the day before shooting starts, so Sunday the 22d for Limited, and Thursday, the 26th for Open/L10. Thursday, the 26th will also be turn around day for stages, so the range will be closed to competitors for a while that morning. Registration has opened at 1 pm in the past, so make your travel plans accordingly.

Awards for each match will be on the last day of shooting, in the evening, location TBD.

Location for registration is not set yet, but if there is adequate space for it at the range, that would be my preference. However, as soon as I know where registration will be, I'll post it here and on the Nationals web page. The range will be open to competitors on registration day, at whatever time registration opens.

We plan to use the 3 day, 1/2 day shooting schedule that we've used in the past, rotating stages in sets rather than progressing down the line. That system has seemed to work well for the past couple of matches. The range in St. George is more compact than the range in Vegas, so travel between stages should not be an issue. As information becomes available about parking around the range, I'll make it available.

Round count: last year's match was 428 rounds. I expect about the same this year, and I'd bring at least 200 over that. We will make some arrangement for shipping ammo to the range or a local person willing to accept and handle it. Again as soon as that's available, it'll be on here and the web page. That's too much to carry on an airplane--against regs, and there is a pile of paperwork associated with it. UPS does a good job shipping ammo, though.

Match Hotel: At present, USPSA is talking to hotels in the area. As soon as a deal becomes available, I'll post it.

Hope this helps.

According to Ken Nelson, there is a newly constructed, large building on the range, so my assumption (and preference) will be that registration will be held there. If that changes, I'll let you know. No other information regarding hotel is available yet.

Troy

According to Ken Nelson, there is a newly constructed, large building on the range, so my assumption (and preference) will be that registration will be held there. If that changes, I'll let you know. No other information regarding hotel is available yet.

Troy

This is probably what Ken is talking about:

268970_600395416640096_1548266576_n.jpg

• 1 month later...

From www.uspsa-nationals.org

Match FFL: Blair Cooper

Western Arms & Ammunition

1478 South 270 East, Bldg. 2A, St. George, Utah 84790

(435) 628-1254

They will also accept ammo shipments which will then be available at registration

for pickup. Competitors should put their name on outside AND inside of package.

• 2 weeks later...

Don't know if it's been answered, but who is the Match Ammo provider?

Always the same, I think - Precision Delta.

eta: You order through USPSA, not with Precision Delta. There should be an ordering page link in the Nationals section of the USPSA website.

Edited by kevin c