Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2013 Georgia State USPSA Championship

I hope stage 2 doesn't get approved also, it is not the same stage for all competitors.

The colors also take the focus away from the shooting challenge.

Why is it not the same for all competitors?

The shooting challenge is the same, the distraction of off colored targets shouldn't be your focus.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OK............I got them now.............thanks all.

If I escape from the handcuffs..........is that range equipment failure, procedure, unsportsmanlike conduct?

Should I be practicing this? :surprise:

You will be locked into the handcuffs, and it would be an REM if you did slip out of them.

We ran this stage at GA State back in 2005 and again in 2007, it has more steel this time, and there is plenty of room to reload (which some will have to SS & Revo) and switch hands which everyone will have to do.

4.1.2.2 refers to metal targets, the one's you have to shoot are all a single color, some white, and some red or blue dependent on your choice.

The rule is as follows "4.1.2.2 The entire front of scoring metal targets must be painted a single color, preferably white"

Not sure where you got the rest of it from, but it's not in the book.

NROI has not sanctioned all stages yet, but so far they have no issue, I had a discussion about it this morning, so far so good.

The rest are from the new rules that are posted --- the ones that are currently up for discussion in the USPSA forums ( see : http://www.uspsa.org/document_library/2013%20USPSA%20Handgun%20Rules%20Summary%20of%20Changes_web.pdf).

. The new rules add to 4.1.2.2 by disallowing the painting of steel in the colors black, red or green. What I was saying was that *IF* the new rules are passed, then stage 2 is illegal for sure.

Guys. This isn't that difficult. If NROI has an issue it will be addressed. I know I thought of color blind shooters when I first looked at the stage and figured we would more likely paint the targets yellow and blue. Again it's a trivial thing to "fix" if it needs to be done.

Even if those new rules get approved, they won't go into affect until a new rulebook is published which won't be until next year.

I've shot this sort of stage multiple times and have found it to be a fun challenge. Most recently I shot something similar with cups and red and white balls at the ProAm down in Florida. There is no penalty for shooting a "wrong" colored target other than lost time. The last plate on the texas star is painted black to represent hard cover so hit it or not it doesn't cost you anything but time. It isn't a scoring target.

We are very near capacity, with currently 281 registered shooters and only 3 slots left available, all 3 are Friday AM slots, squads 2, 3 & 8 each have one slots open.

It would be good to fill the last few slots.

We are hoping to hear back from NROI within a few days about attaining level II sanctioning. As for the colored target stage, it is always difficult to please all of the people all of the time, but hopefully everyone will get through it, as it is just another challenge, same as PITA was, and the Field of Steels versions one and two. Embrace what is out of the norm, and make it your bitch. It might just give you an edge on those that can't handle it.

Shirts were ordered July 15th, as we had to cut off ordering, as they are coming from the Philippines. We did order a few extras, but not many, so if you want one, I suggest you get to registration at the range and purchase what we have. Gunsta was gracious enough to sponsor the match shirts, but they will not be running any more at the price we secured.

I will be pushing out separate emails to staff and competitors about 2 weeks before the match, with final details.

See you all in 4 weeks

I just confirmed the link is still good and it is a 6.5mb file. It's a .zip file and will have to be uncompressed so you may not be able to see it on mobile devices at this time. I'm taking a stab at converting the stages to sketchup to give a bit more feel to the stage experience. I have been working on stage 1 so you have an idea.

Stage1TopGun.jpg

Looks great this really gives the stage perspective and depth.

I hope stage 2 doesn't get approved also, it is not the same stage for all competitors.

The colors also take the focus away from the shooting challenge.

Why is it not the same for all competitors?

The shooting challenge is the same, the distraction of off colored targets shouldn't be your focus.

A competitor who shots the red targets does not shoot the same stage as a competitor who shoots the blue targets. Two competitors are shooting different stages, even though the difference is minor it is not the same. No different than a target getting moved.

A competitor who shots the red targets does not shoot the same stage as a competitor who shoots the blue targets. Two competitors are shooting different stages, even though the difference is minor it is not the same. No different than a target getting moved.

If stage setup is done properly (meaning a really anal stage prep crew and yes I know I'm likely volunteering for this task with these very words), the targets can be set at equal distances to the shooting area to bring the symmetrical targets into alignment. The only weird one I can see are the drop outs and those can be set so that they drop out within an inch or two of each other. These tolerances are no more than you find with a set of target sticks that can wiggle forward and backward in the wind.

Kevin

You could still argue that targets on the left side of the stage present a different challenge than targets on the right side of the stage.

I'll be there to shoot and work either way. Peter and the guys put on a great match, and I know I'll have a blast with whatever stages they present.

I have shot too many stages with "options," and I have yet to see where everything was the exact same regardless which color, symbol, or whatever was chosen for me. The trick is to ensure that the stage doesn't present undue issues for either a left or right-handed shooter. And I know that Peter is beyond aware of that fact......so this is really a none issue.

Anything out of the common is always FUN to shoot, some likes it and some don't , just like standards, low ports or shooting from planks :( but overall, it'd still be a fun match. If the NROI approves it then it should be good to go.. Just need to break down the stage in 2 ways :)