Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2013 Georgia State USPSA Championship

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I hate to say it, but I hope NROI deems stage 2 illegal.

Well -- if the new rules get passed, having competitors have to distinguish between blue and red targets may be an issue :

4.1.2.2 The entire front of scoring metal targets must be painted a single color, preferably white, scoring metal targets may not be painted black, red or green.
Black represents hard cover; red and green are difficult for color blind competitors.

Well it does say they are waiting on approval. But what happens if the color stage is disallowed. Throw up another, shoot 8 stages. Now we are just above a club match for over $100. We did that lat year, but that was caused by rain and a tree falling on stage 8. Always something, right. I'm sure they will figure something out. Peter doesn't come across as incompetent in any way. But they are waiting to order trophies untill after the match. I don't get that. We all know how many are in ea. division and class. Just seems odd?

Can't change it. Just gonna shoot it, And enjoy it. Good luck.

I did one like this at a local match once,the first shooter shot all red targets super fast A,s on most targets.His only problem was he drew blue color,ZERO for stage...

#7 looks interesting. Handcuffs on both wrists, chain through eyelets on the table? Going to be interesting to see how a reload is going to work. 11 rounds of steel, a lot of Production guys will need to reload, and all of the SS crew will have to. Hope there is enough slack in the chain that you don’t pull the hand with the gun when the other hand goes for a new magazine.

Peter and his crew know what they are doing. I have faith that when we see the stages on the ground, all will be good.

I’m kind of surprised there is no jungle stage this year. I realize #8 was a washout last year but #9 was OK even after the downpour.

And no Long range Strong Hand/Weak Hand Standards?? I killed that stage last year!

I just confirmed the link is still good and it is a 6.5mb file. It's a .zip file and will have to be uncompressed so you may not be able to see it on mobile devices at this time. I'm taking a stab at converting the stages to sketchup to give a bit more feel to the stage experience. I have been working on stage 1 so you have an idea.

Stage1TopGun.jpg

#7 looks interesting. Handcuffs on both wrists, chain through eyelets on the table? Going to be interesting to see how a reload is going to work. 11 rounds of steel, a lot of Production guys will need to reload, and all of the SS crew will have to. Hope there is enough slack in the chain that you don’t pull the hand with the gun when the other hand goes for a new magazine.

Peter and his crew know what they are doing. I have faith that when we see the stages on the ground, all will be good.

I’m kind of surprised there is no jungle stage this year. I realize #8 was a washout last year but #9 was OK even after the downpour.

And no Long range Strong Hand/Weak Hand Standards?? I killed that stage last year!

I remember shooting that stage, I think. There was enough slack to make a reload, and if I remember correctly, you didn't have to switch hands, but it wasn't easy shooting to the far opposite side.

Well -- if the new rules get passed, having competitors have to distinguish between blue and red targets may be an issue :

4.1.2.2 The entire front of scoring metal targets must be painted a single color, preferably white, scoring metal targets may not be painted black, red or green.

Black represents hard cover; red and green are difficult for color blind competitors.

I am curious about this. We will have to see?? Edited by a matt

OK............I got them now.............thanks all.

If I escape from the handcuffs..........is that range equipment failure, procedure, unsportsmanlike conduct?

Should I be practicing this? :surprise:

4.1.2.2 refers to metal targets, the one's you have to shoot are all a single color, some white, and some red or blue dependent on your choice.

The rule is as follows "4.1.2.2 The entire front of scoring metal targets must be painted a single color, preferably white"

Not sure where you got the rest of it from, but it's not in the book.

NROI has not sanctioned all stages yet, but so far they have no issue, I had a discussion about it this morning, so far so good.

Well it does say they are waiting on approval. But what happens if the color stage is disallowed. Throw up another, shoot 8 stages. Now we are just above a club match for over $100. We did that lat year, but that was caused by rain and a tree falling on stage 8. Always something, right. I'm sure they will figure something out. Peter doesn't come across as incompetent in any way. But they are waiting to order trophies untill after the match. I don't get that. We all know how many are in ea. division and class. Just seems odd?

Can't change it. Just gonna shoot it, And enjoy it. Good luck.

Problem is with ordering trophies ahead of time, many change division last minuet, and the USPSA data base rolls 2 weeks before the match, so classifications all change, so there is no way of knowing how many in division/class until the match is final.

If NROI don't sanction stage 2, it will be modified to appease. We will shoot 9 stages, unless we have circumstances we can't dictate.