Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2013 Adams Arms Ozark 3-Gun Championship

Got an email from Misty...she only said that "communication about details would be coming soon", which didn't tell me a thing! I replied asking if she could confirm if it was still on or cancelled so that vacation days could be scratched if need be.

Kelli

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got an email from Misty...she only said that "communication about details would be coming soon", which didn't tell me a thing! I replied asking if she could confirm if it was still on or cancelled so that vacation days could be scratched if need be.

Kelli

Same reply I got this afternoon.

I thought that was the whole reason we brought Misty on, was to handle the tech and the communications? :angry2:

Alrighty then, I guess I will post this in the open in hopes someone in charge see's it.

I will not be able to RO the 2013 Ozark 3 gun match. I broke my ankle Sunday and am still going to be in the cast when the match happens. See Y'all next year, (I assume I will be healed up by then) :surprise:

2013-08-04142835.jpg

Barry, sorry to hear / see the ankle. God speed on the mend.

+ + +

Lack of communication about this match is becoming concerning.... when do they admit defeat and start issuing refunds? Anyone close to the inner circle on this know if there's anything set up or even a potential for this event to happen?

At some point soon, I have to make a decision about my vacation time, then reservations, etc...

I thought that was the whole reason we brought Misty on, was to handle the tech and the communications? :angry2:

Alrighty then, I guess I will post this in the open in hopes someone in charge see's it.

I will not be able to RO the 2013 Ozark 3 gun match. I broke my ankle Sunday and am still going to be in the cast when the match happens. See Y'all next year, (I assume I will be healed up by then) :surprise:

2013-08-04142835.jpg

That sucks Barry...Looks kinda painful..

Not sure why they didn't post here, but here's what I just received from Misty...

The staff at the Ozark 3 Gun Championship regrets to inform you that the 2013 match has been cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances. We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause you. The staff has been working very hard in partnership with Adams Arms and the US Amateur and Jr. National Championship Match to provide you with other great options for 2013. The US Amateur and Jr. National Championship Match will be held at the Fire for Effect Range in Fayette, Missouri September 27-29, 2013. Please review the current options available at this time and inform us of your choice by August 16, 2013. By choosing not to respond to us with your choice will result in a transfer of match registration to the US Amateur and Jr. National Championship Match. For more information on the match please visit their website at www.amateur3gunnationals.com or you may contact Ken Flood at Kenflood45@gmail.com.

1. Option 1: Transfer current match registration to US Amateur and Jr. National Championship Match

a. Upon transfer, shooter will receive a 25% discount off of 2014 Ozark 3 Gun Championship registration.

2. Option 2: Transfer registration and match fees to the 2014 Ozark 3 Gun Championship.

3. Option 3: Request a full refund of registration fees.

Brownells United States Amateur and Junior National Championships Details

The 2013 Brownells United States Amateur and Junior National Championships will be held September 27-29 at the Midwest 3 Gun Range outside Fayette, MO.

The match will be scored in a Lewis Class system which means each division will be broken out into 3 classes, A, B and C class based upon the top, middle and bottom thirds of where everyone finishes in that class. The adults and the juniors will have their own respective championships.

There will be an A Class, B Class and C Class National Champion in each division and corresponding 2nd, 3rd, 4th places etc. What this means for the shooters is a chance to be the first Amateur National Champion in our sport. There will be 15 National Champions just in the amateur adult part of the competition. The junior side will be scored in the same Lewis Class System.

We have also decided to waive the registration fee for junior shooters as long as they are accompanied by a paying adult. We feel strongly that the future of the sport depends on young shooters getting every chance to compete and we understand the financial commitment it takes for a family to attend matches, therefore we want to help defer some of the expense by allowing the juniors to shoot for free.

This match is open to anyone not competing in the 3 Gun Nation Pro Series, thus distinguishing amateurs from professionals.

Our deepest Apologies,

The Ozark 3 Gun Staff

Bummer, I was really looking forward to shooting this match. I had a great time out there last year. I'll be transferring my registration to the Amateur Nationals Match, Ken and the crew at Midwest 3-Gun always do a great job.

If anybody who was planning on coming out to shoot Ozark would be interested in still making the trip to the St.Louis area to shoot that weekend let me know. We were going to reschedule our Brownells G3G Regional 3-Gun match to avoid conflict with the Ozark match, but will now be leaving it scheduled for Saturday September 7th.

It's a (6) Stage (1) day match...BUT if there is enough interest we would be willing to make it an (8) stage (2) day match. For those of you who already have vacation and travel scheduled with flights booked into St.Louis this might be a good way to still get your 3-Gun fix that weekend...

Please let me know if you are interested and which format you would prefer as soon as possible so we can plan accordingly....

*** Started a separate thread to discuss G3G Match so not to high-jack this discussion :)

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=179328

Edited by JTMaddox

I've already paid for the Amateur match, so I'm gonna push my registration out for next years Ozarks match. Hate to miss this one as well, I really enjoyed this match last year.

I'm definitely in for a Gateway match that weekend.

It's a (6) Stage (1) day match...BUT if there is enough interest we would be willing to make it an (8) stage (2) day match. For those of you who already have vacation and travel scheduled with flights booked into St.Louis this might be a good way to still get your 3-Gun fix that weekend...

Please let me know if you are interested and which format you would prefer as soon as possible so we can plan accordingly....

I cannot do the Amateur match, family trip out of town... so that option is a bust for me. Otherwise, I'd be in.

I'm definitely interested in the Gateway 3-Gun match option that weekend! I'm OK with either option and will differ to the masses with travel booked.

Every G3G 3-gun match I've attended has been packed with fun and challenging stages. I'd like to see what you guys can do with a 2-day mini-major event anyway ;)

Always great to see and shoot with friends from out of town.

Let me know if you need any help. Big fan of G3G past events. If there's anything you need, setup, RO otherwise, happen to assist.

Cheers,

Thank you everyone for your understanding. I do apologize for any delay in responding to your inquiries over the past few days. But know that Kirk, myself, and everyone else involved with the match was working very hard to provide you with an alternative. If you have not received your official email yet, you will very shortly.

Best regards

Misty

I'm terribly sorry guys, I guess they decided that the match just couldn't be held if I wasn't going to be there to RO it... I hate to let everyone down.

2013-08-04142835.jpg

Oooh, trust me, it is. This is the worst pain I have ever personally experienced.

Edited by barrysuperhawk

Received e-mail. Chose Option 3: Full Refund. If the 2014 match gets off the ground, will gladly write another check next year. "We shall see what we shall see".

2013-08-04142835.jpg

Howdy Barry, looks bad. hope you heal up good. Happy trails

Wanted to let everyone know, that it is difficult for me to answer my phone during the business day as the nature of my work is mostly spent being on conference calls. So email is the best form of communication. If you replied to my email asking for which option you would like, I have received it. Everyone will get a refund if they have requested it, so no worries. All refunds will be processed on Aug 16th.

Misty

Misty, can only imagine what all you guys are going through. Thank you for the commitment to make it right. Good luck with all the aftermath. Yours and everyone's efforts are appreciated.

Cheers,