Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

which brand lubrication are you using ?

cecil

I use what ever is left in the can as I have filled up the engine :)

Our cars are our most expensive piece of crap. There fore we have to use very well produced oils to make them last.

The oil we use in our engines are probably best quality oil we can get.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My husband uses slide glide for his gun, which is great in all kinds of weather. I've stolen it to fix the Dillon 650 and even to lube up car parts...considering we live in Wisconsin, it works wonderfully!

Gun Butter and/or Tetra Lube.

Wilson Combat Grease.

I’ve not seen nor heard of any scientific/semi-scientific comparisons of the available products. Anyone else aware of anything out there?

Brush with a toothbrush and alcohol when I need a good clean. Then wipe down, then hit with a little FP10 and shooters choice grease in areas of metal to metal contact. Couple drops of FP 10 every 300-500 rounds after a quick wipe down of the big gunky crap. Repeat from deep clean every 2500-3000 rounds.

Slide Glide medium on the slide/frame rails of the 2011 Limited gun; FP10 everywhere else. Same thing for the Open gun except I use Slide Glide lite. I saw an email from a very well known builder who recommends the Slideglide to keep the slide/frame fit tight longer vs. regular oil. Make sense, but when I get lazy I just blast on FP10 or whatever oil is handy

Slip2000 EWL. Only thing i will ever use! Works great on the glock connectors

+1

If it's good enough to keep my AR running while using cheap Russian ammo during mag dumps, it can handle my anything my 1911/2011 can dish out! :D

Brush with a toothbrush and alcohol when I need a good clean. Then wipe down, then hit with a little FP10 and shooters choice grease in areas of metal to metal contact. Couple drops of FP 10 every 300-500 rounds after a quick wipe down of the big gunky crap. Repeat from deep clean every 2500-3000 rounds.

Isn't it bad to use a tootbrush on your gun?

Not if it's just laying around since you use the grill brush on your teeth...

I use mobil 1 wheel bearing grease, ran out of slide glide and it seemed similar. That was 2 years ago. I use M Pro 7 for oil requiring areas and M4s. I've also been known to use whatever rental cars have via the dipstick.

WeaponShield CLP here.. one of the best lubricants I've found. Does great on non-bore cleaning items too, but is definitely not that great at bore cleaning. I still use a combo of products to get my bores.. have yet to find one product that will get it all.

Only Frog Lube for me. This stuff is great. Good lubrication but absolutely the simplest cleaning, just wipe the parts down with a rag. Carbon and fouling come right off even in the comp. I even use it for cleaning the cMore glass.

Mutton tallow (aka sheep fat). :roflol:

Ok, for the real answer, FP10 on the gun and Gunzilla in the magazines. Gunzilla is the civilian name for a military lube used very successfully in the sandbox conflicts. It dries to a lubricating film that does not retain dirt like a liquid lubrication.

BC

My Dentist said it is fine. FP10 gives it a cinnamon flavor.