Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

which brand lubrication are you using ?

cecil

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was using FP10 (worked fine) then went to try something thicker (Kellube) to keep the lens free of splatter but it was too thick to use on a tight gun and in cold weather.

Will now use Brownells Friction Defense.

For the people using frog lube how tight is the gujln you using it on? I have wanted to go to using it on my open gun but a little nervous about using it on a tight gun. I just get tired of wiping oil off of me and the gun lol <br />Sent From Mobile Land<br />

Edited by Iceman2733

i would like to amend what i said earlier. i in no way meant to imply the matt mclearn built a loose open gun. in fact mine was the opposite. it was like a vault. but it was used and it was my first open gun. it was a DIY thing. i would definitely buy one of his again.

FP-10. Ran my gun through 2 practices, shot new loads over a chrono, and shot 3 matches before cleaning it and it just kept going and going. Not sure if it was the lube or just the gun but something was working well so I'm not gonna switch.

• 1 month later...

I just gave up froglube. It is fantastic for cleaning and works well as a lube, but not for long enough. After about 150 rounds I was getting jams in my SP-01.

I am giving slide glide with Wilson combat oil a go now. G96 for the non critical areas cause it works well and my wife LOVES the smell.

I think froglube would be excellent in an AR type rifle FWIW.

Edited by Feralshooter

I'm using BreakFree CLP with Teflon.

I worked at a Military Base that was disposing of it and was able to dispose of over 4 gallons at the time. They had changed to the CLP without the Teflon.

I've given away a fair bit of it to friends.

Another one that I like is Friction Defence from Brownells.

Gun Butter is my go to oil.

Works in our 110 degree heat in the summer and cool desert mornings in the winter.

Use in my super tight Kodiak Open guns, limited and my SP01 Shadow. Great stuff.

dcalvert

+10