Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

which brand lubrication are you using ?

cecil

lubriplate slf-o

but I have not yet tested it in extreme cold & hot to know if its gonna hold up.

Where I live, I can shoot in -15C or +35C, I find I have to be careful in both extremes, at least on my AR and shotgun

Edited by Onagoth

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just started using Slip 2000 EWL.... Changed over from the MPro 7 with lucas oil stabilizer mix. Was using CLP even before that (still use to wipe down surfaces).

Gotta say so far I'm pretty impressed. My super tight SVI IMM Open seems to like it. My AR's like it. And thus far the guns I lubed and stuck in the safe with it are actually still wet. It hasn't broken down and evaporated or anything.

Mpro7 Cleaner in the comp and anywhere there is carbon build up, including the bore. Then when it gets that stubborn lead or carbon that won't come out, I use butches bore shine. And on occasion something might end up getting processed in my Hornady ultrasonic case cleaner...

I've been spraying Dillon case lube in my comp baffles. I think its been helping a little. I'm pretty sure it burns away before the match is over, but I still think it helps. I've heard of people using Pam cooking spray in their comps too.

I wonder if anyone uses Carter's Compensator spray anymore, or if its still even available anymore.

I used to clean bores with Blue Wonder cleaner. I need to get some more, that stuff is seriously amazing. If you get in down your bore while your barrel is still hot, it will literally strip everything out and leave you with shiny bare metal, that then needs a light oil...

• 3 weeks later...

I have been using MPro-7 oil lately and I like it. I have also started using Fireclean on revolver cylinder faces and it really helps with keeping it clean. Have not tried it for anything else yet. Will do that when I get more time to shoot.