Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Limited Thumb Rest / Gas Pedals

Leftylivesmatter

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got pix of the Phoenix Trinity? They told me they would have pictures up sometime last December, but they never updated the site...

I have pics of the P/T thumb rest on this very thread, post #46

Edited by Sudden Death

No you won't over steer it, just lay your thumb on it and don't think about it. Did you put the dimple in it for the plunger ?

Did you order it or buy it from P/T when they were in Florida ? I had heard they sold out of them when they were there.....

I may order another one for my open gun ??

Edited by Sudden Death

A friend was at the Florida match and called me and I said I would take it. P/T came and found him at the match and also told him to put a dimple in it. I have not done that yet. My friend put it in his Edge and he noticed some slide drag, but I put in my Edge and it seems to fit perfect.

I am really liking it .

I have seen the same thing on one of my friends guns, its a factory built STI, we got to checking and found that when the gun was built instead of removing metal from the underside of the slide to fit it to the frame, that the frame rails were cut on the underneath side, and just that little bit was causing some slide rub, we just got the ol file out and took a little off the top of the slide stop, looks and works great

I find the thumb rest on the slide stop too much on the rear as I must have long thumbs that I need the *thumb rest [generic]* slightly farther to the front of the slide stop. Unfortuantely, I do not want to drill holes on my STI and I thought what a wonderful idea to build the *thumb rest [generic]* on the slide stop. I just wish someone would build one still on the slide stop but extended out by 1/4 of an inch towards the front.

• 1 month later...

I have tried both the Nitro Fin and the PT rest. They are both excellent, but I prefer the Nitro Fin for two reasons. 1. I think it looks like it belongs on the gun. It does not look like an after thought. 2. It lays down a little more than the PR or even the Racemaster. I prefer that position on a limited gun, even though I like the more upright position on my open platform.

Started with one on my open gun and liked it. So put one on my limited gun for consistency. I'm using gogas pedals.

I like'm

But Single Stack takes a few dryfire sessions to get back in the habit of roling my lt hand forward again.

Neil

• 4 weeks later...

I just got the Nitro FIn and put it on my Executive. It is awesome, I wasn't looking for recoil reduction specifically. Since switching from glock to an sti I found that I had trouble locking in and indexing my support hand on the gun. The glock has a recess that allowed me to really cam my hand forward and lock in my grip. I tried tape on the sti but was looking for a more positive index.

The NF is in the perfect spot for me to really lock in my grip. I don't push down on the rest but more push away from it to wedge my support hand. It didn't affect my shooting negatively but made a much more consistent index and pressure.

I had a little fitting to do but nothing major. I also have bladetech DOH which I had to take the dremel to to create a channel for the rest to slide through. It didn't require loss of any strength and the screw pattern line up perfectly.

great product if you're having trouble with consistent index or hand placement.

• 2 months later...

I want to get the PT rest but heard people were having issues with the nitro fin and the pt one... just a rumor and wanna verify; if people are really having issues. Something about messing up the barrel lugs... is there any truth to this ???

I really want one because I dont want to drill my new frame. I already have gogas one on an old frame.

Edited by RippSpeed

The reported problem on nitro fins is only due to the existing slide stop and barrel link being ready bent in the first place. So when you replace it with the nitro or any other slide stop, it will cause issues and that is on e again the existing slide stop or link already bent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess you have to ask yourself feeling lucky punk? Oops wrong forum do you now want to alter all you have been doping up til now. I'm 60 enjoying the sport for the past 8 years, a C shooter hoping to get at best to mid,upper B. I want to better what I am doing not just cover up poor technic not saying they can not help but not for everyone.

I guess you have to ask yourself feeling lucky punk? Oops wrong forum do you now want to alter all you have been doping up til now. I'm 60 enjoying the sport for the past 8 years, a C shooter hoping to get at best to mid,upper B. I want to better what I am doing not just cover up poor technic not saying they can not help but not for everyone.

↑ I was going to post something smart to counter this comment but I would rather not... because this isnt doodie project

Edited by RippSpeed

Really?

↑ I was going to post something smart to counter this comment but I would rather not... because this isnt doodie project

Lol

First have to say, using the Kindle to post wish could turn off the auto correct so doping instead of doing. Apologize if a little light hearted humor offends anyone.

Have tried open guns with the rest yes make a difference, but still stand by rest of statement, not for everyone, just giving another side to the question asked.