Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How do you love your gun?

OK I know some of you degenerate types are drooling to give kinky answers here. Get over it. What I mean is that I saw this listed as part of an auction for someone selling one of his guns,"

Love this gun! Never been fired. The trigger has never even been pulled. Enjoy.

Can you really love a gun and never shoot it? Never even pull the trigger to feel the smooth break? Never see a center shot using that just right load made just for your gun? I can't. Can you?

Have you ever had fell in love with a woman just from the sight of her? Never spoke to her, never knew anything about her?

Yes you can fall in love with a gun you never fired or pulled the trigger on... We all have had out crushes on a gun. Maybe some of us are two old and forgot, but the obscure obsession with a picture from an article, or maybe a glimpse on a shelf has been experience by ever gun loving individual.

Of course some of us have also been rather disappointed once we actually put the dollars down and took her to the range. She turned out to be not quiet the lady she presented herself as...

Keeping this on the subject of guns...

As a junior shooter I was 'in love' with the idea of someday owning an Anshutz free rifle. Now I am seriously thinking about a sight tracker. BUT, to love a gun that you own and don't shoot????? Sorry, I can't wrap my thoughts around that.

OK I know some of you degenerate types are drooling to give kinky answers here.

I hear you on that one buddy. Thank goodness there aren't too many like that on here.

:devil:FWIW I love my gun by keeping it hot and using plenty of lube! :devil:

Model 58 S&W. I have pulled the trigger on one though. I did like it on sight though. That deep blue luster and wood grips and adjustable sights.

Jimmy, please pardon me in advance, but this is a shooting forum.

Model 58 had fixed sights. Model 57 on the other hand...

Model 58 S&W. I have pulled the trigger on one though. I did like it on sight though. That deep blue luster and wood grips and adjustable sights.

Wow, and all this time I thought it was a 58. I looked it up and it IS A 57!

I'll be damned!

I'll be damned!

"Love looks not with the eyes but with the mind." A Midsummer Night's Dream, William Shakespeare. ;)

I'll be damned!

I had an unfair advantage. My first pistol was a 57.

I iwsh I still had it but I traded for a dog that I loved even more.

:wub:

Keeping this on the subject of guns...

As a junior shooter I was 'in love' with the idea of someday owning an Anshutz free rifle. Now I am seriously thinking about a sight tracker. BUT, to love a gun that you own and don't shoot????? Sorry, I can't wrap my thoughts around that.

I felt the exact same way, except for an anschutz benchrest rifle. When I finally got a real job after college, I spent my entire first tax return (...and then some) on a new Anschutz 1913 in a Kelbly BR stock. The gun would shoot 2300+ on an ARA target with good Eley black box ammo. I even bought the fancy Pappas aluminum rest...which is awesome.

Then I saw a picture of a 2011 open gun....the Anschutz has been in the safe ever since. I probably have 3K rounds of same-lot Eley Match left over.

Don't we all have a couple in the safe we neve shoot,but just wont get rid of ??

I know I do.Don't know about love but I am going to keep em !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't...... If I own it, I will shoot it which is why I can not own the 2 loves of my life. A S&W revolving rifle and a S&W Registered Magnum. I could not own them to look at them. I would take them to the range and I would play thus ruining their value.

Guess I am just a beer kind of guy not Champagne.