Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Reshoot or not ?

JAB

During a match a shooter start shooting the stage but when it comes time to reload the mag it jams 3/4 way in. The shooter remove the mag and use a second mag which also jams . On the 3rd try the mags fits and he finish the stage. Min later while topping up the mags he see that they are not his mags that the some one must pick up mags off the grounds from the last stage and thinking they were his gave them to the shooter

The only consideration for a re-shoot that I could think of is if the R/O noticed and felt it was unsafe, say in the event you were shooting a 40 S&W and the mags you were using had all 9mm rounds in them, and stopped the shooter. Even with that being a stretch I am not sure you would or should get a re-shoot for that.

I would have been to embarassed to ask for a reshoot. I find it hard to believe that this even happened.

Agree! The lesson to this shooter is to clearly mark or identify his mags as his in some way, shape or form. I like to mark the base pads because when they're in the mag pouch you can see it. I use a label maker...used to use nail polish.

~Mitch