Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

December BOD Minutes?

38SuperDub

It took about a month for the minutes to be posted after the June meeting. Factor in the holidays, and a pretty major rule update that is tied to these minutes, and it may still be a couple of weeks before we see them published.

Guessing someone at the meeting is designated to record meeting minutes, shouldn't take this long to prepare and post them. Probably not very high on the priority list at HQ but its one of the few communications that allow us a insight to what is going on with our sport.

The meeting minutes will be updated right after they change the picture of Shannon Smith on the home page (from 2011 Nationals) and update the latest USPSA press releases (top one is from Feb 2011)

Copying them down is not all there is to it. First copying then they have to be read and signed off on by each member that was there and this all takes time. And then if there are NO complaints of errors in the write-up then they can be posted.

Brian

And how many of those people go to SHOT each year? January is a long long month for gun folks.

How about operating it as a business? If I took a month at my job to publish meeting minutes, there would be a severe talking to taking place.

The next day is acceptable.

And how many of those people go to SHOT each year? January is a long long month for gun folks.

How about operating it as a business? If I took a month at my job to publish meeting minutes, there would be a severe talking to taking place.

You have to do meetings of meetings at your business? I'm glad I don't, I'd never get anything done. BTW, since you want us to operate this like a business, that means I get paid right? I mean I'm all for volunteering my time but if someone wants me to pass on my holiday plans and my real job to get some minutes out, that means I get paid like it's a real job.

I can't think of a single local government agency, or social/civic/advisory organization I've ever been involved with that didn't wait until the next regularly scheduled meeting to approve minutes from the prior meeting.

Now that you've seen the minutes, I wonder if it was worth the impatience....

There are plenty of people at HQ that DO get paid.

And you know what their duties involve? The people at HQ have a supervisor. If the supervisor wants the minutes out, they'll get out. If the minutes are on the low end of the priority scale, they will get out eventually. I'll rely on Kim's knowledge and experience to operate HQ as she sees fit.

There are plenty of people at HQ that DO get paid.

The organization could not exist without those folks either.

As for the minutes. I'll concur that it takes time to get minutes out. We vote on meeting minutes at the next meeting after, which is a month later. Meeting minutes have to ratified to make sure they accurately depict what took place.

You have to do meetings of meetings at your business? I'm glad I don't, I'd never get anything done. BTW, since you want us to operate this like a business, that means I get paid right? I mean I'm all for volunteering my time but if someone wants me to pass on my holiday plans and my real job to get some minutes out, that means I get paid like it's a real job.

You actively sought out that job, right? Ran for it? Got elected to it?

Sure. And he's doing the job. If you think any of that means that things need to happen on a schedule deemed appropriate by some portion of the membership, I'd say you have unrealistic expectations of volunteer leadership positions. But I'm sure you're welcome to move to Area 1 and run against Chuck in the next cycle..... :D :D

Absolutely. And I'll do the best I can with the time I have available. I'm willing to make a lot of sacrifices for USPSA and have. Pissing off my wife and kid at Christmas time is not one of them. BTW, technically you are wrong at this point. I did actively seek out the position in 2009 for the term from 2010-2012, and win the election. However there were no other candidates in 2012 so no election was held. As of 2013, I wasn't voted in. I'm just the only guy dumb enough to take the job.