Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Area 4, Sept 4-8, in Arkansas

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My check cleared, I have made travel arrangements. I feel confident that it will work out just fine. Just shoot an email to the director. The delay is probably just one of those items beyond present control of all involved - there are always lots of moving pieces at big matches and none of the pieces move independently. Troy's a stand up guy, it will all come together.

RDF - you have made hotel arrangements? If so can you shoot me a PM with the details. If this doesn't come together very quickly I am going to have to bail on the match and ask for a refund. I have held off on an empllyee being off around this time not knowing when I will need to take off and don't know if I can in all fairness put them off much longer. Thanks

Here's an update: I'm currently working on 5 matches, and in the last 3 weeks, I've married off one of my daughters, worked Area 5 as RM, attended a board meeting, revised the rules, taught a 35 student class in Sacramento, CA, and in the 6 days I've been home out of those 3 weeks, taken care of the rest of my normal stuff for USPSA and around the house, including entering some people in the Area 4 match. Since I've returned, I have a pile of entries to put into the match, plus Front Sight is probably not distributed nation-wide quite yet (and the mail takes time). The host club is lining up the match hotel, but they have lives, too, and you may notice that they are constantly producing matches of one kind or another. I'm also working on stages for Area 4, Production Nationals, and the Back to Back Handgun nationals. Oh, yeah--I have two RM candidates working right now, too.

If you haven't received your entry back, along with a check, then you are in the match. I don't mail checks to Bruce on a daily basis,(see the above).

The match hotel will likely be the Candlewood Suites in Fort Smith, but we need to finalize the pricing and sign a contract.

As soon as I complete entering the pile I have in front of me, I'll open squadding--before I have to leave for the Steel Challenge. The schedule is finalized, and is posted here somewhere and at www.area4championship.com

Everybody should be able to get the squadding they want. Please be patient while I get caught up.

Yep, it IS a thankLESS job Troy. Patience patience patience people...

Here's an update: I'm currently working on 5 matches, and in the last 3 weeks, I've married off one of my daughters, worked Area 5 as RM, attended a board meeting, revised the rules, taught a 35 student class in Sacramento, CA, and in the 6 days I've been home out of those 3 weeks, taken care of the rest of my normal stuff for USPSA and around the house, including entering some people in the Area 4 match. Since I've returned, I have a pile of entries to put into the match, plus Front Sight is probably not distributed nation-wide quite yet (and the mail takes time). The host club is lining up the match hotel, but they have lives, too, and you may notice that they are constantly producing matches of one kind or another. I'm also working on stages for Area 4, Production Nationals, and the Back to Back Handgun nationals. Oh, yeah--I have two RM candidates working right now, too.

If you haven't received your entry back, along with a check, then you are in the match. I don't mail checks to Bruce on a daily basis,(see the above).

The match hotel will likely be the Candlewood Suites in Fort Smith, but we need to finalize the pricing and sign a contract.

As soon as I complete entering the pile I have in front of me, I'll open squadding--before I have to leave for the Steel Challenge. The schedule is finalized, and is posted here somewhere and at www.area4championship.com

Everybody should be able to get the squadding they want. Please be patient while I get caught up.

Squadding opened today. Looks like the half day squads are popular, but there's plenty of room.

I'll have stages together soon, as well as some other information.

Happy Independence Day!

AREA 4 MATCH HOTEL HAS BEEN CONFIRMED!

The Match Hotel for Area 4 at Old Fort Gun Club, in Fort Smith, Arkansas, has been confirmed.

Candlewood Inns and Suites. Address is 7501 Madison Avenue, Fort Smith, AR 72903.

This is a fairly new property (about 4 years old) that is as close to the Range as you can get. Rates for Area 4 are as follows:

1 Queen Bed Studio -- $77.00 + tax

2 Queen Bed Studio -- $85.00 + tax

Multi room suite -- $93.00 + tax

I've checked several properties near the Range, and this is the best rate available anywhere.

Call the local number at (479) 424-3800, use the reservation code "Area 4" to get these rates.

We have used this property for several years for the Arkansas Section Multi gun match. They are 'gun friendly' and understand that you will be coming into the property with guns, ammo, etc. No problem with them.

Contact me if you have any problems or questions.

Bruce Bethell brucebethell@sbcglobal.net

Daytime phone (479) 785-4558

Bring Him on! Kurt can shoot with the worst of us!

For those of you who have not been to OFGC, shooting bays are near to each other. Not a lot of travel. All stages will be within walking distance. Next to each other.

The first 5,000 entries get free parking :-)

Bruce Bethell

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

MATCH HOTEL UPDATE: THe Candlewood Suites was designated as the match hotel. They are full, except for a few singles. Backup hotel is the Homewood Suites by Hilton. Across the street from the Candlewood. A little more expensive than Candlewood, but we have a special rate for this match.

DON'T CALL THE TOLL FREE RESERVATION NUMBER! Phone the hotel local number at (479) 452-7100. Their 'rack rate' is $139, but they are giving us a rate of $99 for the match. Use the code name "Area 4" for this special rate.

This match is filling up fast, so get your entry in ASAP to be included.

Bruce Bethell

• 3 weeks later...

Todays range conditions: 101 degrees when I started my practice session. Then the sky turned black, the wind kicked up to 50mph gusts (the wind knocked over my static steel targets) Massive rain storm with lots of lightning and some hail. The temp dropped 20 degrees in 20 minutes. Then it stopped, the sun came back out, the humidity went off the chart. The road was dry and dusty when I drove home. No kidding.

All the plinkers left the range as soon as it started raining. I picked up a lot of their brass;-)