Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Area 4, Sept 4-8, in Arkansas

Area 4 Director Troy McManus has made it official. The 2013 Area 4 championship match will be held September 4 to 8, 2013, at Old Fort Gun Club located in Fort Smith, Arkansas.

The Practical Pistol Team at OFGC is honored to have been selected to host this match. OFGC is a multi-disclipine organization, with well over 800 family memberships. The Board of Directors is unanimous in their support for this match. They have basically said to our Team, "Make Us Proud."

Many of you are familar with Old Fort Gun Club, having joined us for the Arkansas Section Multi Gun Championship over the past several years. Our Team is dedicated to working with Troy to make this yet another shooting event that you will remember. Our goal is to make this a match that is both challenging to GM's, yet enjoyable to Unclassified shooters.

Fort Smith is located in the northwest quadrant of the State, sitting right on the AR/OK border. You can learn more about the Old Fort Gun Club by visiting our website at www.oldfortgunclub.com. The Club operates two ranges. The Area 4 match will be held at the River Range.

I think you will find the hospility at OFGC to be second to none. Mark your calendar now for one of the finest shooting experiences you will have during 2013.

Bruce Bethell

Practical Pistol Director, OFGC

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will there be a dedicated match website, and when will registration open?

I can't answer these questions. I'm still a hitchhiker on the Information Super Highway, so someone else will figure out those options. Troy is coming to Fort Smith within the next few weeks to start serious planning. Lots of details will be coming soon.

Bruce

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The official match page is http://www.area4championship.com, and match entry forms and a link to an online staff application can be found there. The match will be limited to 265 entrants, entry fee is $150. We will shoot the main match in a half day format, over 2 1/2 days (Friday, Saturday, 1/2 day Sunday), with awards and prizes to follow the final posting of scores on the range. Staff will shoot for free, on Thursday, the 5th. Wednesday the 4th is reserved as a contingency day. A limited number of competitors (vendors and sponsors) will be able to shoot the match with the staff. Staff benefits will include match shirt, meals on the range, and a thank you gift. I'm working on housing at this time, but it may not be in the budget.

The Range Master will be Nancy Huspek, stats chief Joy Hyden.

Thanks to Lee Neel for setting up the match web page, and to OFGC for getting involved in this match in a big way. I'm looking forward to working with them to produce a superb match.

As always, we are looking for sponsors, especially from within the Area, so if you or someone you know is interested, please get in touch. Sponsor letters have been distributed with another mailing coming soon.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

S&^t, I didn't notice the "This match will be shot in a half-day format over 2 ½ days, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday." when I registered. Last year is was just Sat & Sunday. Extra hotel night.

FYI - UNOFFICIALLY - Troy mentioned at MS Classic that he was going to move this to an ALL DAY FRIDAY or Sat/Sun match due to lots of people having conflict of interest.

Now - this is 100000% Unofficial until someone who is important makes it official.

I am changing the match schedule to the following:

Shoot the entire match:

In one day, all day Friday

In one day, all day Saturday

In a half-day format, either Saturday morning or afternoon, finishing up Sunday morning.

Staff will shoot on Thursday, with a limited number of competitors and/or vendors able to shoot that day as well.

The schedule should be up on the Area 4 match website soon. I've attached it here as well.

Squadding will open in the next week or so; I have some more entries to process and a few details to tie down.

Troy

Area4SquadSchedule_New.pdf

Edited by mactiger

• 3 weeks later...

Troy

Just checking for an update. People I'm wanting to squad with some have physical limitations that require 2 day Shootin vs 1. Since there will be limited number of 2 day slots - will any preference be given to those of us who turned in applications and money in February?

Thanks!