Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Area 4, Sept 4-8, in Arkansas

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The incomplete, totally random guide to Ft Smith for those that havent been here before:

The match hotel is on the corner of Phoenix and 74th, near the entrance of the airport. Just north, up 74th st is Rogers Ave.

That section of Rogers is restaurant row. It has all the usual fast food and casual dining establishments, including Hooters, Starbucks, etc. Our BWW location is one of the few that does not have a gun buster sign on the door.

The traditional post match watering hole is Gringo's, its on your right (north) as you enter Ft Smith, from Barling, on your way back from the range. They love smelly guys in shooting jerseys.

Close to the match hotel (walking distance) is Joe's Cantina, good tex mex and cheap beer. There is also River City Deli, a Dunkin Donuts, a grocery store, and Sams Club.

Behind IHOP, next to Firehouse subs is a great little Thai place called Pad Thai.

The only Dairy Queen in town is inside the mall.

I-540 is undergoing major construction. You shouldnt need to get on/off it while youre here, but avoid it anyway

Its hot and humid, and the flies are thick.

The range is in great shape and the stages look awesome.

Max ate a foot fault penalty, and Blake had a Delta and a Mike on stage 3.

Some people got lost in our fine Arkansas river bottoms yesterday, so let me give quick directions from the south.

At the east end of Barling Arkansas take hwy 59 north. Its approx 3.4 miles to the turn, but after you cross the Arkansas river at the lock and dam, its less than 1 mile to a sharp, slow right turn (Gun Club Road) .

There is a sign 'Old Fort Gun Club' and bigger sign for a sod company. Its 2.5 miles down this dusty road to the range.

Thanks match staff, r.o.'s and everyone else that helped run the match. Stages were great and the weather was hot!!!

The Old Fort Gun Club always steps up and has awesome people helping out with anything you need.

Thanks again guys and gals!

Big ups to my daughter Melissa DeBerry who shot the match as an RO on Thursday and still managed to finish third D in her first major match shooting solo. In the past we have always shot together. She went to this one on her own and did Good! Big ups to Felicia Robinson who appears to have finished 1st D Class. Way to go Magnolia Girls.

Edited by Bwana Six-Gun

• 4 weeks later...

Crossbones LLC provide the BCG's that were on the prize table.

Email: David King <david@crossbonesllc.com> to thank him.

As soon as I can did out from under 3 Nationals, I'll take care of any missing plaques.

Troy