Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

3nd Annual AR15.com Rockcastle Pro Am 3 Gun Championships

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It would be really cool to see a several stages with full sized paper rifle targets. Sometimes shooting a rifle in what is essentially a "pistol" stage is a lot of fun! It is the thing I really miss from the 2011 PROAM...

Edited by DyNo!

It would be really cool to see a stage with full sized paper rifle targets. Sometimes shooting a rifle in what is essentially a "pistol" stage is a lot of fun! It is the thing I really miss from the 2011 PROAM...

Your wish has been granted. Stage 2 is pistol or rifle. ;)

Hey tacti-logistical Fe9. What's more important for you to know as a Rockcastle Rookie is that it is in a dry county. Forgot the stages and plan accordingly. :cheers.

This might be the most valuable part of this entire thread. Thank you.

Technically the Rockcastle complex is “moist”. The Lodge has beer and wine, but if you want the other spirit that Kentucky is so famous for, and the other hard liquors, you'll need to pack it in (or drive 20 miles or so back to Bowling Green)

There may be some new developements on the availability of Kentucky's finest....

If you leave the lodge on Friday night for that you are missing the point of this weekend. Plus last year's fireside chat crew can attest that you will need be close to 'home' after midnight. There may some craziness but there should be no driving. By the way, that was a misuse of the word decent. LOL

:cheers

I noticed that a few stages had NS steel plates next to threat steel plates. Can anyone share some advice on dealing with this? Stage descriptions specifies that plates should engaged with shot. My guess is use a full or mod-full choke. Any other tricks?

I noticed that a few stages had NS steel plates next to threat steel plates. Can anyone share some advice on dealing with this? Stage descriptions specifies that plates should engaged with shot. My guess is use a full or mod-full choke. Any other tricks?

Don't shoot the NS plates :) Or change your angle to the target to minimize NS exposure or change your hold on the target i.e (NS is on left.. hold right half of target)

Stages look like they should be fun! I love all the options of gun selection or target selection. Really lets you play to your strengths and makes the stage potentially different for everyone. We get to see who has better stage breakdown skills as well.

Know the size of your shotgun pattern at different ranges.

Thanks for the advice guys.

Thanks you too MiniUzi. I will try not to hit the NS plate. ;)

Edited by Ryan N