Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

3nd Annual AR15.com Rockcastle Pro Am 3 Gun Championships

For me....I have buck and slugs stacked deep enough to practice every time at the range and shoot the rest of the matches for the year.

BUT slugs and buck are both near or over $1 per trigger pull, whereas I can get 250rd cases of AA's for $59.99 with current rebate. 9mm and .223 are both reloaded.

I like slugs once in awhile, but nice not having to spend the extra money and pack the extra ammo type.....or having to worry about getting DQ'd for shooting the wrong ammo type. Just my opinion of course.

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Local place in KC. Rogers Sporting Goods. Winchester has a $20/case rebate and up to 5 cases of rebate per address. The trick is to have 5 cases of rebate under your name at your office, then 5 under your parents name at their address, then 5 more under your wife's name at your home. After that, you need friends you trust not to forget the rebate isnt for them.

For those of you not as laid back as one of our favorite KY boys,.........get used to not knowing specifics to stages, more and more matches are doing things this way. As a MD, its a major pain in the butt to get stages out ahead of time for shooters, even rough drafts. I've done it before and had clubs/people that had the ability to practice specifics do it, and I feel it detracts from the "honesty and integrity" of the game. Practice what you feel you need to practice, I have no issues with answering questions in a broad matter, but I do not want people expecting an answer to specifically what to expect. This can lead to others pointing a finger at some saying "why did they know something that I didn't, thats not fair"

Anyone that has shot a match that RNT (Kurt and myself)has RM'd or MD'd knows that any shotgun targets will be calibrated with cyl. bore 1oz, 8's or 7.5's and thats what we will use during the match as well if any one wants a shotgun target calibrated, including plates. It will be done from the closest spot available to shoot the target, so you won't NEED HiVel 4's or 6's to knockover or activate any SG targets. As for rifle I said it earlier in the topic, we will not get stupid with distances but you will need to shoot your rifle from ODD or UNCOMFORTABLE positions, if you feel that means upside down or standing on one foot then by all means practice that. Target sizes will be 4moa or larger. Rifle targets will be calibrated with XM193 55gr fmj from a 20" barrel. On pistol, 50yds is as far as you should need to shoot any puny little pistol round, that we carry for matches, and the target will probably be a fullsize IPSC or 18x24 plate. pistol targets will be calibrated with 9mm.

Jadeslade if you really just want to shoot slugs, I'll let you use your SG for the precision part of any rifle stage, just let me know beforehand so I can watch!!look forward to seeing you Willie.

Trapr

Will there be a 4x4 post shoot? Need slugs for that.

I agree with Bryan. Who needs a diagram? Treat it like your local matches. Show up, take a walk through, and proceed. Most stages you will get to watch the squad in front of you finish up anyway.

Round count? 125 each x2 just in case. It may get pricey if you need to buy it from your over-prepared squad mates. LOL

Oh good! Mr. Blitch, my AA sponsor will be there to keep me from repeating the permanent brain damage I suffered last year.

And what is the fun in that? I was going to try and get at one notch past last year's level.

Oh good! Mr. Blitch, my AA sponsor will be there to keep me from repeating the permanent brain damage I suffered last year.

Bah hahahaha. What dain bramage?

See you soon. Stay thirsty my friend.

We usually have enough down time between stages that we sometimes will skip the walkthrough once our squad is up to shoot. Printing off stage descriptions never really helped me at a match because the scale is too far off for me to break the stage down from a sheet of paper. I'm more visual and need to see the real thing to break down a stage..

Im with you, my worse stages are the ones I go first on. I suck at walkthrus in general, but watching even 1 person run through it does wonders for my own stage plan.

The only reason i wanted anything resembling a stage description was to see what ill be shooting to determine what kind of ammo i need to ship.

???? Didn't Gary post a round count? Doesn't that tell you what to bring?

the point of my post, Mr Miller, was that stage descriptions don't do anything for me other than help me decide what/how much ammo to bring. at my skill level they really don't help me prepare for the match at all.

I'm satisfied with the round count, maximum ranges, and disclosure of any specialty targets used or not ( like arial clays) as that is all I really need. I couldn't care less if I didn't see the stage discriptions Until my squad walked up to the stage.

Ya know Kurt, some people aren't as awesome at 3 Gun as you. Some people, particularly the new people, it might help. You remember what it was like to be new right? Back when stages were timed with sundials and all the guns had to be reloaded one round at a time because they were all black powder.

: )

Ya know Kurt, some people aren't as awesome at 3 Gun as you. Some people, particularly the new people, it might help. You remember what it was like to be new right? Back when stages were timed with sundials and all the guns had to be reloaded one round at a time because they were all black powder.

: )

Plus having to strap your powder horn down to keep it from flopping around while running. Forget it if rain comes, you will never be able to keep your frizzen dry.

What about knee high boots? But I'm not sayin' what for Kurt...you know. :goof::roflol::goof:

Knee high???

You're going to need them taller than that to keep from getting any on you. Its doubtfull you'd be safe with hip waders.

I can get 250rd cases of AA's for $59.99 with current rebate.

Where?

Winchester is offering a $2 / box rebate if you purchase 10 or more boxes of AA shells. You get the form online from the Winchester web site. I stocked up on my favorite AA load at the Bowling Green, KY Gander Mountain after the Rockcastle Pistol match last Saturday. The only downside is that you have to send in the UPC from each individual box so youll need to transfer the shells to another container to send in for the rebate right now. I just dumped a couple of cases of shells into a bucket then cut off the UPC.

Yeah Kurt M, we are not all fancy pants experts on physics and with our primitive intellects we couldn't all understand alloys and compositions and things with...... well...um.........molecular structures

Geez, some guys....... :goof:

What about knee high boots? But I'm not sayin' what for Kurt...you know. :goof::roflol::goof:

Sheep?

I think that's what Kurt uses them for :cheers: ...at least what the police say up that part of the country.

Lets see, I need to know round count to know how much ammo to ship, then I need the stage diagrams to know how much ammo to ship. I think you probably ought to avail yourself of a Ouji board, cause the round count should have been the clue.

It was Trap needed the knee high boots, and I ain't going to be there so I don't need nothin. I will say this...with all this talk of how much, and shipping, you truly are "logistical feline", not tactical K9