Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tac Sport with CZC custom barrel bushing.

Neomet

Nice, the pics aren't helping me. I am currently shooting production w/ the SPO1 Shadow, I want a limited gun but I can't decide between the CTS and a 2011. Hoping to visist my sister( in Gilbert, AZ) in Jan and stop in the custom shop to handle one to help me decide. Good looking gun.

Nice, the pics aren't helping me. I am currently shooting production w/ the SPO1 Shadow, I want a limited gun but I can't decide between the CTS and a 2011. Hoping to visist my sister( in Gilbert, AZ) in Jan and stop in the custom shop to handle one to help me decide. Good looking gun.

I'd go with their CTS. I can tell you from an ergonomic perspective they are very similar and for me this "feel" is important. All the time involved, their CTS package is well worth it.

Bushing is tighter fit. On 9mm shadow test guns, they shrank 50 yard groups from 5" to 2 3/8" with factory ammo.

That might be the case for a stock barrel, but would that be the case for a gunsmith fit barrel? If anything, as there are two areas where clearance is needed (slide to bushing and bushing to barrel) instead of one (slide to barrel), wouldn't it be inherently less accurate compared to a gunsmith-fit aftermarket barrel?

Picking her up tomorrow. Can you say excited? I knew you could...

TS2.jpg

TSbushing.jpg

WOW!!! I am so jealous!!! I have been debating having one installed on my long slide and I think you just made up my mind for me. Keep us posted, please.

Alright, more range time and another match with this. Long story short, I think it is the bomb. I didn't do any shooting from a rest before I had this done so unfortunately don't have a solid comparison, but at 15s now I have one ragged hole with 5 shot groups. Mind you, this is with a barrel that has north of 60K rounds though it. Unscientific seat of the pants stuff is that I am more confident, especially on far steel. The only extra shot on all the steel I took today was on the one up close that I just hosed at as I looked at my next target. Definitely not the gun's fault.

• 4 weeks later...

I got my back after some FedEx drama but a snow storm and an ice storm has kept me from the range. I can tell it's a tighter lock up "up front" where they installed the bushing. The barrel could use a little tighter lock up at the rear lug but that is no fault of CZ Custom. They also were nice enough to refinish my slide but it will sadly be stripped after I "test" fire it.

I'm not sure what distance the test group was shot from, or if it's just a function test, but here it is.....

IMG_20130117_170036.jpg

IMG_20130117_165919.jpg

Dave, I think it was about 250, but I'm not positive as I picked up a couple extra things at the same time. Shop time is like most shop's times. It depends on how busy they are at the moment. I would call and ask Rob for an estimate.