Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Superstition Mountain Mystery 3-Gun 2013

Thanks to everyone at SMM3G! I really appreciate all the hard work that went into this match!

Fun match! Good People! :cheers:

THANKS to ALL the great sponsors! :bow:

Really appreciated Frank DeSomma's comments about Patriotism and sticking together!

It was fun exercising my rights and freedom with fellow patriots!

Squad 21 was the "bomb". People that I know, but haven't gotten to shoot with before, and a couple I have!

Great people...except that young Greg Williams that kicked my butt every stage with no apology!!!! I mean, I'm an old woman!!! Where's the love??? :devil:

Seriously! Thanks to all!

Denise

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Mystery Ammo Cans had everything from decent prizes as Mark noted, through to certificates for upper/lower kits plus other goodies, and a number of gun certificates, including as already mentioned, VersaMax tactical shotguns, AR15 rifles, Remington 700 precision rifles. There were quite a few happy people popping open their cans. A Colt Competition rifle was also given away by random draw to the shooter that I believe finished 154th overall.

My more pressing question is what was in all the ammo cans of mystery on the prize table?!?!

Edited by MickB

The Mystery Ammo Cans had everything from decent prizes as Mark noted, through to certificates for upper/lower kits plus other goodies, and a number of gun certificates, including as already mentioned, VersaMax tactical shotguns, AR15 rifles, Remington 700 precision rifles. There were quite a few happy people popping open their cans. A Colt Competition rifle was also given away by random draw to the shooter that I believe finished 154th overall.

That's cool, adds to the mystery theme and gives some people in the middle a chance at some good stuff!

The weather was great, the match was great and my squad was the best but my ammo can was not so great. Always remember, you CAN win some and you CAN lose some...I picked the wrong can...story of my life. Thanks to the match staff for all the hard work it takes to put on this match. Congratulations to Kalani on his win and Brian...oh so close. One of the best parts of the match for me was watching these guys in action. A special thanks to my squad, great people and hard workers looking forward to shooting with all you again.

Hi everyone, I would like to say I had a great time at the Match. This was my first large match and certainly won't be the last. Although I ended up near the bottom of my division I received some great prizes. (AR complete lower build kit, Diamondhead combat sites, 100 rounds of ammo, hats, and other stuff) Also something I didn't expect is since I was the only military shooting in my division they also gave me a plaque and 50 bucks cash. Had a great squad (20) for the first time out and I would also like to thank them as I watched and learned so I can improve for the next one. Thanks for a great event Superstition staff!!! :bow:

What I want to know is if the ammo cans that said they had brass in them really had brass in them like I was told by the RO's at the prize table. I used my normal method and pulled a prize based on something I needed (which ended up being some mag springs) and was pleasently surprised with some nice other stuff in the bag. I almost grabbed an ammo can though, hate to think I might have got a gun but didn't because they can said it had 800 peices of 308 brass (which I don't need) in it.. :)

I enjoyed the match, learned some things and will definitely be coming back every year I can get in.

What I want to know is if the ammo cans that said they had brass in them really had brass in them like I was told by the RO's at the prize table. I used my normal method and pulled a prize based on something I needed (which ended up being some mag springs) and was pleasently surprised with some nice other stuff in the bag. I almost grabbed an ammo can though, hate to think I might have got a gun but didn't because they can said it had 800 peices of 308 brass (which I don't need) in it.. :)

I enjoyed the match, learned some things and will definitely be coming back every year I can get in.

One of the shooters in my squad got one of the ammo cans that said .308 brass and that's what it was. He also got 1000 bullets on his tray.

The mystery cans were .50cal cans sealed with zip ties and were only on Tac Scope, Open and tac limited, the three biggest divisions. The heavy division tables had .30 cal cans full of brass that were unsealed. The point of the mystery prizes was to have enough cans on the tables to have some element of chance for something really nice. There were not enough competitors in the heavy divisions to make mystery cans worthwhile. unless of course you want ALL the prizes to be sealed cans :-)

One of the shooters in my squad got one of the ammo cans that said .308 brass and that's what it was. He also got 1000 bullets on his tray.

Edited by MickB

Maybe you were the guy that put down the can that the junior shooter then picked up with the Versamax tactical certificate inside...

:-)

The weather was great, the match was great and my squad was the best but my ammo can was not so great. Always remember, you CAN win some and you CAN lose some...I picked the wrong can...story of my life. Thanks to the match staff for all the hard work it takes to put on this match. Congratulations to Kalani on his win and Brian...oh so close. One of the best parts of the match for me was watching these guys in action. A special thanks to my squad, great people and hard workers looking forward to shooting with all you again.

I was in Open Mick. I don't think that the can I almost grabbed was sealed with zip ties though, so :)....

The mystery cans were .50cal cans sealed with zip ties and were only on Tac Scope, Open and tac limited, the three biggest divisions. The heavy division tables had .30 cal cans full of brass that were unsealed. The point of the mystery prizes was to have enough cans on the tables to have some element of chance for something really nice. There were not enough competitors in the heavy divisions to make mystery cans worthwhile. unless of course you want ALL the prizes to be sealed cans :-)

Once the people in the Heavy Divisions were through their tables, everything that was left was moved over to the Open and Tac Scope tables to give you more choices. So, if you saw an unsealed can on the table, it would have been full of brass. For the zip tied mystery cans, the rules were very specific. You break the seal, and it's yours...

:-)

I was in Open Mick. I don't think that the can I almost grabbed was sealed with zip ties though, so :)....

Thanks to all the sponsors....especially liked shooting the POF piston M16 on stage 5. Kinda wished for the split morning/afternoon schedule....having big breaks between each stage makes me sleepy. But I understand with that many shooters....you need padding in case things start getting backed up. Very Happy with the prize table....paid for my match fee...ammo..and a little left over..Stages were very straight forward...kinda liked the parachute harness, hydraulic platform. window repelling, from years past...but overall a very good time.

kinda liked the parachute harness, hydraulic platform. window repelling, from years past...but overall a very good time.

Dude - you got to shoot a tank with a freaking BAZOOKA... what more do you want ??? :roflol:

Edited by StealthyBlagga

This was my first time making the trek out to Mystery Mountain. I had a good time. Thought the stages were fun, each with a little twist of some kind. Got lucky to be in a great squad. Thanks to all the folks who made the match happen and especially all the sponsors.

kinda liked the parachute harness, hydraulic platform. window repelling, from years past...but overall a very good time.

Dude - you got to shoot a tank with a freaking BAZOOKA... what more do you want ??? :roflol:

How about 2 bazooka's? more is always better

Thanks to everyone who put the match together! I had a lot of fun, the stages were challenging but didn't screw too much with the brain, the RO's were competent and helpful, and my fellow shooters on squad 21 were great competitors and friendly. lots of fun!!!

Bill