Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

BE Forum Get Together at Nats

Of course, a ton of BE regulars will be attending Nationals. While I am not personally looking for more things to do, would any of you be interested in a coordinated BE forum get together on one of the nights out there? If so, maybe we could work out a deal with a local establishment. Of course, it might be too late for this year, but you never know....

If anyone is interested, I am willing to pitch in trying to coordinate this (maybe with Flex and USPSA's help)......

Comments?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nik, don't worry. Mrs. BDH and I come as a package as well. :D

BE, are you coming in for the Nats this year?

Anyone want to suggest a day to try to do this? I could do it pretty much any night, with the exception of Staff Appreciation night (and I am not sure when that is).

Hey, since several of you Moderators jumped in, maybe YOU would like to coordinate this, and I can just show up!! :o

I'm shooting first...socializing second (gotta have the right hat on for me).

Last year we did the check the scores, drink the beer...after the final shot on the last day of shooting...right at/near the range. That worked as well as anything. Not sure if that is on the schedule this year?

OK...I have a minute to expand on my post (just got back rom jury duty)...

Last year...after the last shot...on the last day of match shooting...they posted the scores down at the main building...and a "refreshments" appeared.

That was the time I got to see most of the forum members last year.

???

Okay, this is starting to sound like a plan. Friday after shooting, and it sounds like the votes are for 'on the range'. Generally, I agree with this option, but have the following concerns:

1) Very few people stay at the range, so if we have alcohol involved, people have to drive back to town.

2) Since I think there were beers last year at Smith & Wesson Hall after the match (might have been two years ago though), with ALL the shooters. I can't imagine you would want to do something separate from the everyone??? :huh:

3) Denise and Arnie volunteered their stage which is totally cool with me, but... see point #2.....

4) screen name badges REQUIRED...

Those that know me know that generally, 'most things go' with me, and there are many, many of you that have been here much longer than I have so let's hear from you! This isn't MY get-together. It is yours and really.... BE's.... ;)

BDH,

If we want to stay close to S & W Hall, I can rope us off an area over by PASA Manor. :D That way you can mingle with everybody for a while at the hall and then mingle with BEers for a while at the Manor.

There is also a small bar in Barry on the highway at the Ice House Inn. We could meet there after shooting and then go back to the range. :unsure:

That takes care of points 2 and 3.

Skywalker,

Please help Arnie & I print badges, as we seem to need our hands held on such matters. BTW, he ask me for a container to make Lemoncello in! ;)