Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

GEN4 Beavertail

J-Rob

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tried a Grip Force Adapter today - pretty much the same as the factory beavertail - and I am glad I didn't spend any money on it because I think it is pointless unless you get slide bite, which I don't (anymore). I'm not sure what all the hubbub is about.

Also it wouldn't be legal on a G34 because then it wouldn't fit in the box. Should be legal on a smaller gun though.

Edited by DonovanM

I just picked up a Gen 4 17 and 34 for my kids and both came with the beavertails. It was a pleasant surprise as they both complain about glock bite. I have been shooting Glocks for 20 years and never thought the grip needed the new backstraps, but I gotta admit that I REALLY liked the grip with the large beavertail! I may have to make my own box to see if the 34 will fit...

My G34 Gen 4 fits in the box with the ribbed Grip Force Adapter. I built a box to make certain it would fit along with DP mag plates.

Really! I thought it just barely fit stock.

Huh, nevermind then.

I'm guessing it's not going to be an issue since, based on tomthumb's picture, the beavertail isn't adding to the length of the overall gun. However, mwc's measurements for the largest version is showing that it might add just a bit since he's getting 8.75 and Glock says the stock G34 Gen4 is 8.74.

The USPSA Inspection box is 8.9375.

So we just need someone to chuck their G34 Gen4 with the full sized beavertail grips into an official USPSA Inspection box to be sure. :)

Edited by ericjhuber

My Gen 4 G17 that I got April 12 had the beavertail back straps included. The LE Gen 4 G22's we got at work earlier this year didn't. I emailed Glock to see if we could get the beavertail back straps for our work G22's and was told the Gen 4s just started shipping with the beavertails back straps in March. Glock is offering a beavertail kit (1) med and (1) large for $16.00. I tried them both on my gun and didn't care for the large, but the medium was pretty nice. They definitely have a different feel than the original back straps. I was using a large original back strap on my work gun, but found the beavertail large too big, especially at the web of my hand. The large beavertail wouldn't let me get as high on the backstrap as I wanted. Obviously everyones hands are different and to each their own, but the two different back straps definitely have a different feel.

How did you verify the order, get through on phone? I faxed mine in, no charges to card yet and have not been able to confirm receipt of order.

Yes I called them and they verified they received the order via Fax and it was processing. My card hasn't been charged yet.. however.

Just spoke with Glock customer service, very nice. They had received my fax order, charged card, and sent parts out. She was even able to give a tracking number. Took about 1 month from order to delivery, should have this afternoon.

Just spoke with Glock customer service, very nice. They had received my fax order, charged card, and sent parts out. She was even able to give a tracking number. Took about 1 month from order to delivery, should have this afternoon.

I sent my fax order in about a week ago and a half ago - never heard anything. Card not charged yet. I figured they'd charge my card and I'd wait for a month or so.

I sent my fax order in about a week ago and a half ago - never heard anything. Card not charged yet. I figured they'd charge my card and I'd wait for a month or so.

It took almost exactly one month for mine mailbox to mailbox.

Jason