Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

GEN4 Beavertail

J-Rob

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They have not and probably never will release it.

Something will be coming. There are already Gen 4's with some added material on the beaver tail to accommodate a change in the backstraps. Not all Gen 4's but I have seen some that have the feature.

I guess I don't get it, which may explain why I'm still B, but the tail would just get in the way of my really high grip. I've tried Glocks with a tail, and it just bugges the hell outta me. Maybe that's one of the reasons I don't like 1911's.

I guess I don't get it, which may explain why I'm still B, but the tail would just get in the way of my really high grip. I've tried Glocks with a tail, and it just bugges the hell outta me. Maybe that's one of the reasons I don't like 1911's.

if you can get a good high grip and not get slide bite then you don't need one. my fat hands get the crap bit out of them though, till i learned how to make my own beavertail.

It would be nice if you could actually "buy" one from the factory.

It would be even "nicer" if someone at the factory knew what you were talking about when you called them and asked if you could buy one...

Wishful thinking... I know. <_<

The Glock Gen 4 Beavertail backstrap was included with the 25th Anniversary G17.

no its not.

I can surely promise you that it was. That is how I got the one I have.

Care to share a picture? Not calling you a liar, I'd honestly like to see one.

The Glock Gen 4 Beavertail backstrap was included with the 25th Anniversary G17.

no its not.

I can surely promise you that it was. That is how I got the one I have.

Care to share a picture? Not calling you a liar, I'd honestly like to see one.

you got lucky if you really did get one. I know that Glock handed out a couple of them to certain people but besides that they have not released them to the public. I've called Glock many many many times trying to get my hands on one.

• 2 months later...

If you can get an OEM glock backstrap with beavertail, will that be allowed in Prodcution class?

I don't think a G34 with one would fit in the box, but a G17, yes. Probably. :)

Have you guys heard of the Grip Force Adapter...?

• 1 month later...

Yes, but by definition Grip force is not Production legal. Also, they do not allow for the use of the larger backstraps.

wait let me get this straight.. its not production legal to use the factory glock backstraps?

also on a tangent... i hear the beavertails will be released sometime this year.

Yes, but by definition Grip force is not Production legal. Also, they do not allow for the use of the larger backstraps.

wait let me get this straight.. its not production legal to use the factory glock backstraps?

also on a tangent... i hear the beavertails will be released sometime this year.

Have a link to that "i hear"

I'm still waiting on 00bullit to post a picture of his glock with a beavertail

Have a link to that "i hear"

I'm still waiting on 00bullit to post a picture of his glock with a beavertail

Don't hold your breath on the pic...

But as far as the links go http://downrange360.blogspot.com/2013/01/new-glock-gen4-beaver-tail.html

And http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2013/01/15/glock-rd-beavertail-backstrap-circa-2011/

Both of those are over a month old. but thanks for providing some reference, believe me I'm not holding my breath for 00bullit's pics!

I can't really get excited over this. I bought the gfa to give it a shot, it changes the pull just a enough that I have to shift my hand to hit the mag or slide release, w/o the gfa it appears that Mr. Glock made the small caliber frames for my hand.