Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ Custom short reset trigger mod!

highxj

Have you seen this?? I just last week took delivery of my Shadow 75 SDP and wish I had known about this mod! Not sure if I can link it but go to CZ Custom's site and it's on the first page...I'd like to know what's involved, love to try it.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Have you seen this?? I just last week took delivery of my Shadow 75 SDP and wish I had known about this mod! Not sure if I can link it but go to CZ Custom's site and it's on the first page...I'd like to know what's involved, love to try it.

My Shadow Custom arrived at my FFL today. Figure I will shoot it a while and send it back for the new trigger.

Bad timing on my part.

Would you have to send the whole gun to CZ Custom to have this modification done, or could you just send the bottom end (and would it make any difference...thinking that if you just send the lower half it won't have to go through FFL's and cost an arm and a leg to send.)

Seems like a must have modification...

Damn I never thought the SA reset was an issue. If they could do this for the DA that would be cool.

Wouldn't that change its external appearance rendering it illegal for production? (a la Langdon)

Edited by underlug

This kit is just a "reset" of the SA trigger position at rest, correct? In other words, the slack in SA is significantly shortened.

Is there a change in "reset" of the trigger?

I'm hoping it just reduces the SA slack and doesn't change the reset that much.

Would also like to know before purchasing/sending my gun in.

Would you have to send the whole gun to CZ Custom to have this modification done, or could you just send the bottom end (and would it make any difference...thinking that if you just send the lower half it won't have to go through FFL's and cost an arm and a leg to send.)

Seems like a must have modification...

Sorry brother, but the lower is considered the "gun" by the BATF.

I handled angus' gun when he came to our stage (15, burn it down). I would have to play with 2 guns side by side to not if the actual reset position has changed significantly, but the short-reset trigger certainly takes almost all the slack out of the SA trigger pull. I thought it was pretty sweet, but not sure if I'll pay the extra for it on my upcoming sp01 shadow order. I have 2 other cz's and I'm not sure it's a great idea to set them up so differently.

Regarding shipping, I was under the impression (and the ATF web site seems to agree) that you can ship your own gun directly to an FFL for and receive it directly back from them without going through another ffl locally.

My SP-01 Shadow was at CZ Custom for some upgrades when you posted this last Friday. I hadn't been on their website since I shipped them my gun so I knew nothing about it. I got a hold of Stuart first thing on Monday and had it installed before they finished it. I should have it back today. Thanks for the post, you saved me some time and shipping costs. The only problem is that I also have a CZ75 Shadow so if the trigger is significantly different it will be headed to CZC too.

$135 just for the trigger? Isn't it's too much just for the trigger? Even if it's just for $80 it's still overpriced..

Not sure of your information source, but the trigger is not repllaced. There are manufacturing variations in the CZ pistol, that fitting is needed.

Edited by eerw

• 2 weeks later...

I have the srts in my duo tone 75 compact, which I recently acquired, and find the srts terrific.

I own a 75 shadow and an sp 01 shadow. They are wonderful guns, my favorite semi auto pistols. When the chance came up to trade a walther for the compact, I jumped. However, stock, it paled in comparison to my shadows. The long, gritty, heavy trigger and poor sights made it difficult to shoot accurately.

Thus, I sent the compact to stuart for some work. I wanted a poor man's pro tek with a shadow trigger. Initially, I asked for a comp hammer, trigger job, springs, extended fp, fpb removed, steel guide rod, and some decent night sights. When I found out about the srts, I asked that it be installed too. I got the compact back a few weeks ago and have put 3-400 rounds of everything through it.

It shoots beautifully. I couldn't be happier. The long SA reset on the shadows is about the only thing I don't like about them. I'm not great at riding the sear and I have a tendency to slap at the trigger a bit when pushing the pace. The compact now has a trigger pretty close to a good 1911 when shooting SA. The trigger resets to just a bit forward of the release point.

I'm going to send my shadows to get the srts installed pretty soon. I'll send them in one at a time so I always have one to shoot.