Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New style targets. Like them or not?

I don't care for them but only because I've gotten used to shooting a metric target. I'll get used to the 3 gun nation tan targets the more they are used.

I don't see how another target style is hurting the standardizing of 3 gun.

I don't care for them but only because I've gotten used to shooting a metric target. I'll get used to the 3 gun nation tan targets the more they are used.

I don't see how another target style is hurting the standardizing of 3 gun.

Metric target? I've been at this so long there was the old "sheeps head target", "Florida 8" and more between differing matches. The "Classic" target should be the "metric" target, not what we shoot here, the last bastion of the English System! :roflol::roflol::roflol:

I'm still waiting for that one magical match where we get to shoot at bunnies. Warm, fuzzy, fluffy, soft bunnies... Preferrably white ones. Cause you can see the hits better.

Not that I'm into shooting bunnies, but as a match director...what color backers go with white bunnies and how do we get the bunnies to stay in front of them???

And if they stay in front...well, that takes out the moving target part, so maybe we need gigantic backers, but then you couldn't see misses...lime might work, but then we'd need different colored bunnies!!!

Bryan, I don't think you've thought this through!!!!! :eatdrink:

Maybe, we could dye the bunnies a bright pink...then they would contrast with grass etc. What do you think???? They would be more PC if they were pink as they wouldn't look real!!!!

And, Trapr's not going to be happy if they're not 4 MOA...so either, we need to be close, or maybe just overfeed the bunnies before the match????

(I'm just joshing. Not drunk, trying for Kurt Miller-esque humor, but wanted to clarify in case someone thought I was completely anti-bunny targets or for bunny targets! I stand firmly on the bunny target fence!)

My rambling $.03...

Why? just 'cause!!!!

Denise

I'm calling BS on the 3GN targets. I love watching these folks shoot on TV, and a few in real life. However, for the same reasons I freaking hate the "turtle" targets I hate these "targets". God forbid we, as shooters, punch holes in targets that are roughly human shaped.

I've got a news flash for the producers of 3GN and other shooting shows. The only folks watching are ones that are already into shooting sports.

By making the targets more PC you only annoy/turn off folks, like myself, that are the "target" audience.

Not gonna do it!!

I will these targets suck. We have nothing to be ashamed of in using standard humuanoid targets. I hate being PC for the sake of being PC.

Pat

+1 I so agree with you.

I'm still waiting for that one magical match where we get to shoot at bunnies. Warm, fuzzy, fluffy, soft bunnies... Preferrably white ones. Cause you can see the hits better.

We had steel bunnies and squirrels at our shotgun match last weekend and if you were the first shooter in the squad they were even white! Temps were in the high 80s/low 90s, so they were pretty hot too...

They werent very fluffy though :/

And as for the bullseye targets, I dont really care what targets I shoot at, Im there to have fun. However, it does annoy me when organizations feel they have to move to PC targets, be it IPSC or 3GN.

Edited by gose

I'm against them because of what they represent - a denial of the origins of the sport, and a move away from our principles. It is PC pure and simple. Like all appeasement, these targets will just make our sport weaker and embolden our opponents. I believe we attract most new shooters because 3-Gun is perceived to be a martial sport... turning it into bullseye will diminish its newbie appeal, not grow it.

Edited by StealthyBlagga

Not that I'm into shooting bunnies, but as a match director...what color backers go with white bunnies and how do we get the bunnies to stay in front of them???

And if they stay in front...well, that takes out the moving target part, so maybe we need gigantic backers, but then you couldn't see misses...lime might work, but then we'd need different colored bunnies!!!

Bryan, I don't think you've thought this through!!!!! :eatdrink:

Maybe, we could dye the bunnies a bright pink...then they would contrast with grass etc. What do you think???? They would be more PC if they were pink as they wouldn't look real!!!!

And, Trapr's not going to be happy if they're not 4 MOA...so either, we need to be close, or maybe just overfeed the bunnies before the match????

(I'm just joshing. Not drunk, trying for Kurt Miller-esque humor, but wanted to clarify in case someone thought I was completely anti-bunny targets or for bunny targets! I stand firmly on the bunny target fence!)

My rambling $.03...

Why? just 'cause!!!!

Denise

Here ya go, 47" long 17lbs and move slow enough for ya :devil:

Humphrey1CPA_468x308.jpg

Edited by Round_Gun_Shooter

I used them exclusively at my last match for INMG at ACC. Any cardboard that went out was the 3GN target. Where do I begin?

For 1 the cardboard is incredibly flimsy and thin. Staples pull out, ANY and I mean ANY freaking amount of moisture is in the air(humidity as well) makes the damn things start to curl up.

They are junk targets. If they wanted to switch to a different target, use the damn IPSC Classics "Turtle Targets". I think those are some of the better "PC" targets out there, and they aren't any more problem.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

OK, I see 3GN Nation targets as a supplemental target just as we use different size targets made of steel. We (NW Multigun Challenge) use full size USPSA paper targets as Pistol, the small CM IPSC paper targets for rifle and the 3GN targets for slugs only...makes it less confusing for shooters to ID what weapon for what target. Just a thought...

I too like the human targets but not really wrapped up into making a statement of either PC or not. Just like I don't like singers that sing just to make a statement...I might like some of their songs but I will not buy their CDs.

If you don't like 3GN targets you can boycott matches that use them or just suck it up butter cup!

Respectively,

Busyhawk