Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rainier Arms Barrels

Zmego

I have one of the Rainer Select 16" barrels on my 3 gun rifle and it shoots Sub MOA with just about everything I've fed it. For the price I think it's pretty hard to beat.

So your barrel is select. I was looking at that one. On this build I am thinking of a 16 inch with a mid length gas becaue the local matches never shoot past 300 and I already have a good 18 inch gun.

Pat

+1 here to got a select 16" shoots better than i do with 45,55,69,80. only complaint is the weight , but the price does make it affordable to have reprofiled. mine is one of the early ones with a 3 groove polygonal newer ones have 5. its also stamped LW so could it be a Lothar Walther made for rainier ?

I have one of the Rainer Select 16" barrels on my 3 gun rifle and it shoots Sub MOA with just about everything I've fed it. For the price I think it's pretty hard to beat.

So your barrel is select. I was looking at that one. On this build I am thinking of a 16 inch with a mid length gas becaue the local matches never shoot past 300 and I already have a good 18 inch gun.

Pat

Hey Pat,

I just ordered the parts to finish my new upper with the Nordic 18" barrel. Looking forward to comparing it to the Rainer.

John

I was looking at this barrel. Really wish it was in 18in/rfle gas though. Anyone know if they have plans to introduce them?

Pat

Hey Pat,

I just ordered the parts to finish my new upper with the Nordic 18" barrel. Looking forward to comparing it to the Rainer.

John

Let me know how it works out. I am holding off on the barrel until I pay for a new steel open gun in 9mm.

Pat

I was looking at this barrel. Really wish it was in 18in/rfle gas though. Anyone know if they have plans to introduce them?

I spoke the Rainier today, while I was ordering my new barrel. They do offer an 18 inch rifle length barrel in both their Match and Ultra Match categories but not the Select. The gentleman that I spoke to said that as they continue to gain steam they plan on introducing new barrels to the select lineup.

Yes sir, stay tuned. We have a few new barrels in the works, but the 18" SPR "Select" is a great idea! The Select series in my opinion is one of the best values in SS barrels today. Ari

:cheers: Keep us updated on this. I'll pre-order a couple for sure.

CM

Yes sir, stay tuned. We have a few new barrels in the works, but the 18" SPR "Select" is a great idea! The Select series in my opinion is one of the best values in SS barrels today.

Ari

Great to hear, looking forward to their release!

Rainier Arms 18" Ultra-Match SPR (Rifle-Gas) Barrel is shooting 7-8 shot groups as big as the end (tip) of my index finger at 100 yds. It absolutely Loves the 53 VMAX with 24.3 g. of H Bechmark @ about 2920 fps. It is an expensive pipe (Shillen ratchet rifled & lapped), but it Does Shoot!

NOTE: I wish I could say "10 shot groups"..but as usual, I'm always jerking one or another off the ragged-hole that is forming down range... Dooe!!! :roflol:

• 1 year later...

No marksman here, using a 1X4 Vortex, getting 2" groups at 100 yards from bench with M193, which is better than what I was getting with a chrome lined barrel. Running a 16" Medcon Select.

Agree its a lot of barrel for the money. Love the profile; thinner in front of gas block than behind.

Mark

Edited by mpom

I've got two of them, an 18" mid length select and a 16" mid length match. They both are excellent barrels. We had the 18 on my son's AR for a while but later put the 16 on because he wanted to shorten the rifle up. Both shoot moa. I can't tell any difference in accuracy. Both handle well. Our jp shoots a little better but the jp is insanely accurate. I'm going to put the 18 on my next project.

Edited by twowheels

While the Rainier barrels are great barrels, the latest runs of the Select barrel have had intermittent issues with the gas ports being drilled at a slight angle causing cycling issues. Rainier has immediately sent out a new barrel the two times I have seen this issue.

Second time out shooting with the 16" Ranier Select Medcon profile, 5 shot groups at 100 yards, 1X4 Vortex, front rest rear supported by left hand resting on right bicep, sitting at bench.

Hornady 52 gr BTHP steel case- 1", PMC and American Eagle XM193 equivalent into 2". Am sure a better shooter with match ammo would get better results, but believe I got my money's worth.

Mark