Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2013 limited build

APL-G35

For the new 2013 limited rules. Why not build a pistol similar to an open gun with a blank titanium comp that would be dovetailed for the front sight, then use a standard 5" slide? It would be similar to a sight tracker but I think you could have the sight radius of a 6" gun but with better slide speed and sight tracking. What do you guys think?

I have parts coming for something similar. 6" Schuemann tribrid bbl with no ports machined for a 5" slide.

Probably going to have a deep ball cut down the length of the rib behind the front sight to keep the weight down.

6" sight radius with a 5" slide that isn't chopped up to death.

I would think that you might be able to get closer to a 7" sight radius with a comp out front...

For the new 2013 limited rules. Why not build a pistol similar to an open gun with a blank titanium comp that would be dovetailed for the front sight, then use a standard 5" slide? It would be similar to a sight tracker but I think you could have the sight radius of a 6" gun but with better slide speed and sight tracking. What do you guys think?

You mean somethin' kinda like the STI Trusight?

trusight.gif

trusight06det2800w8mk.jpg

Edited by JaeOne3345

How much more accurate do you guys think you'll be with a 6" slide? Wont there be slower sight acquisition? How about balance?

Just askin'...After shooting Production a few years, I've only just entered the "Limited" arena but have really enjoyed it. I bought an older starter gun back in February and won "C" class at the Florida State Championship with it.

I am going to get a high end gun built, but with the rule changes I'm not sure what to build. The sight tracker intrigues me, and a thumb-rest like on open guns appeals...what other new tricks are going to become popular?

That's what Jessie is shooting this year, except rollmarked 'TAURUS'.

http://gunnuts.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Steel-Challenge-5.jpg

I believe she is just just using a long 6" slide with the reverse plug area cut back. I do not think that is a separate weight/blank comp type device on the front of the barrel.

Or am I wrong?

That's what Jessie is shooting this year, except rollmarked 'TAURUS'.

http://gunnuts.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Steel-Challenge-5.jpg

I believe she is just just using a long 6" slide with the reverse plug area cut back. I do not think that is a separate weight/blank comp type device on the front of the barrel.

Or am I wrong?

+1 on JaeOne3345, has to be a 6" or it would be illegal for this year, right?

How much more accurate do you guys think you'll be with a 6" slide? Wont there be slower sight acquisition? How about balance?

Just askin'...After shooting Production a few years, I've only just entered the "Limited" arena but have really enjoyed it. I bought an older starter gun back in February and won "C" class at the Florida State Championship with it.

I am going to get a high end gun built, but with the rule changes I'm not sure what to build. The sight tracker intrigues me, and a thumb-rest like on open guns appeals...what other new tricks are going to become popular?

balance is something to consider.. i would never buy a "standard" 6 inch.. but a custom 6 inch from a great gunsmith would be worth it.. the lightened 6 inch weigh less than a lot of stock 5 inch!!

I wouldn't give up my 6" gun for any reason. I've never shot any thing that was as well balanced, flatter or more accurate.

But I'm intrigued to get my 5" gun to have the same sight radius...