Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Where to buy steel Targets and Stands, etc..

Sarge

Where are you guys buying steel targets for your matches? Is MGM the only game in town for Poppers, plates etc?

What about Stars/Whirlygigs? Are GT and MGM the only makers?

What about stands, turners, etc?

Thanks Guys!

These are high quality targets with a large selection and they support the sport. Also read on their web page "about Nevco Steel" to find out why their targets are great.

I know as I won a steel plate round target plate, stand, cap and 2X4 t a recent match. Very nice!!!

http://www.nevcotargets.com/main.html

Edited by mjohn

I have been doing some business with www.mfrmetals.com, and they have good products at a fair price. This is a newer company based out of a town in central Minnesota.

I have 5" plates on stands and some A/C zone targets with stands

They are currently working on a short range rifle target made of steel that holds a clay pigeon for a positive hit indication, that shows great promise as well.

I'll be happy to do target stands for you. I've done a zillion of them for the last couple of years, including 100 for a club in SC, over 65 for Fredericksburg, dozens of huge ones for a LE agency in TX, among others.

I don't deal in plates/ poppers as the AR steel has been too expensive til recently.

Go with MGM. They build great targets,stands,plate racks,etc.They are really good to work with and support the sport in many,many ways. Good luck. I know you won't be disappointed with them. :D

I don't usually agree with Orangeman 711 But when I do I agree that MGM is the the best place for targets. I been using their targets since 1997. Great targets and service and fair prices.

Good People too.! :cheers:

Bobcat Steel. Not to far from you. Might save on shipping http://bobcatsteel.com/

Brent

Kimball is good people and donated the plate rack we used this year at the IN Section and donated last year.

Also

http://www.gunsteel.com/HOME.HTM

Max has also donated to the match before and WVPPS has bought alot of steel from there

Howdy,

I would highly recommend Arntzen Targets. Rob has been making IPSC

Steel Targets since the 1980's and does a great job. He also has an

ad in the current "Front Sight" IPSC magazine on page 3. He's about

7 hours from you in Rockford, Illinois.

You can reach him at www.ArntzenTargets.com or 800-821-3475.

You will not be disappointed in his work or prices.

Ron

Where are you guys buying steel targets for your matches? Is MGM the only game in town for Poppers, plates etc?

What about Stars/Whirlygigs? Are GT and MGM the only makers?

What about stands, turners, etc?

Thanks Guys!

Sarge,

Travis Gibson here. Just wanted to drop you a note to let you know all orders over $250 get free shipping so you don't have to worry about that. Give me a shout if you have any questions and we'll do our best to get you squared away.

TG

Everyone else. Thanks for the props fellas. We are happy to be in a position to support the shooting sports, and we realize more shooters means a better chance at keeping our 2A rights alive and strong. Thx for everything.

Adios,

TG

I went through this same issue in the Spring. You can not go wrong with MGM - with free shipping, they are not that much more. However, check out their monthly specials, then they get economical. They have great products and great service.

• 2 weeks later...