Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

IPSC Fashion Police

slavex

Just wondering who started the "Long Sleeve Shirt, Under a Short Sleeve shirt" fashion statement? I've seen some absolutely brutal combo's of shirts and really don't understand the reason for wearing them the way people do. I haven't seen any other sports dressing this way, it seems to be something only in IPSC. Anyone have any ideas? Or is it contained somewhere in the rule book and I haven't been able to find it?

Rob,

I don't know how, when, why or who started it but, dammit, people have a God-given right to dress like Ziggy Stardust, Boy George, a Gangsta Rapper, Leroy The Pimp or one of The Three Musketeers, if that's what they want to do. In fact here's a photo of my last range crew for the Hong Kong Nationals:

rangecrew.jpg

However I had to expel The Cowboy for Unsafe Gun Handling, but now he never calls, he never writes ...........

Rob,

When the weather's really cold, it helps to keep the shivers at a minimum until I get back to my jacket. When the weather's not so cold, it helps to keep me from having to wear a jacket. Like Zorba said, I can tuck it all in.

Vince,

Definitely a DQ for the Cowboy.

Zorba,

If you guys keep on banning items of clothing, pretty soon we'll all be shooting with just our rigs on. Yes, I am aware that some of you may not think this is a bad thing, for some of us anyway, but Oww! Think of all the brass burns! :blink::ph34r:

L

Come to think of it , due to the nature of our sport we should actually be shooting in those skin tight suits that the speed skaters use.

Then there is no clothing in the way of draws and reloads, and we can move realy fast.

Problem is who is going to be the first to wear an out fit like that to a match....

Any takers???

So, everything goes ... except "camouflage"? :rolleyes:

I have a shooting buddy that always wears those long sleeve t-shirts, but I don't know why. I've only seen his arms once! Most people wear them for protection (cold, sun, bugs, etc.).

For some reason it was a long time before anyone screened up a long sleeve shirt with our club logo. So...in the winter if you wanted to show your colors, the short sleeve shirt went over the long sleeved one.

I'm opposed to spandex/lycra on anyone bigger than Mary Lou Retton.

geezer

The first long sleeve shirts I remember were the shirts from Cannon Gun safe, dark blue with the cannon logo on the sleeve. The California shooters were wearing them in the late 70's. I was jealous and finally got one a little while later, boy did I look cool. (ha)

You know, if someone made a tarzan loin cloth with velcro on the top we could just slap it on the old pistol belt.....there's a happy thought...

Mike

I'm opposed to spandex/lycra on anyone bigger than Mary Lou Retton.

Here is a thong solution for the rest of us:

http://www.artelino.com/gallery/catalog_sh...apanese-gallery

As you might say:

Void where prohibited, use of this product may not be legal in all states, backup your configuration files before using this update, eat and get gas. Nooooooooo!

geezer

As you might say:

Void where prohibited, use of this product may not be legal in all states, backup your configuration files before using this update, eat and get gas. Nooooooooo!

geezer

I like the one about configuration... :lol:

Here is a couple more: Do not look at the flush! No shoes - no service!

Whoa doggies...

Hey, Rhino...I found a Shimekomi in purple for you!

http://www.b-zenjapan.com/03/bzj04.phtml?s...d=24&goods_id=2

Hmmm...I feel a case of hysterical blindness coming on...

Alex

I hope you realize that once you put it out there and I read it, there's no going back. Now that you've given me the idea, the shooters in Indiana are doomed ... DOOMED!

I'll have to figure out what length to order ... they do custom, of course, and you've already chosen the perfect color.

Now, the only problem will be how to avoid getting a pachyderm-sized wedgie whenever someone gets cute and picks me up by my Shimekomi ...

Unca Vinny,,,

I'm wildly distressed that you've shown the masses that ' Indian' get-up that was so special,,,I thought that was our 'freaky girl pick-up on a slow night Hong Kong trick of the match thang'. Maybe that was just your idea for the ' goofy Indiana-boy in the orient get-up', but I thought it was all mine!!! Saving for another plane ticket for more instructions from the master...

Wakal,,,

As a frequent RO of the ' Purple One', I'm worried about your suggestion. You see our friend the 'Prancer' takes great fun in, shall we say, 'Messing' with the RO. I can only imagine that some day he will show up with his normal apparel and when he gets to the starting box he quickly wisk away a velco cover outfit revealing just that Shimekomi !!! I would be surprized but not too much. I try to be professional when RO'ing, but Rhino aways makes me laugh!!!

For me,,,

I always wear what fits the weather. Two shirts are too constricting for me, but I do like a long sleeve T-shirt in the early spring or late fall. I shoot in a tank top, shorts and sandels in the summer. Comfort is more important than looks. Maybe some day I'll grow up and be serious, but until then,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Awww,,,screw it I'd rather just have fun...

3QT: You are hereby charged with the duty of always carrying a digital camera to all matches should the Purple Prancer show up in said garmet. You should then take multiple pictures and post them.

Given that said garmet would no doubt be drafty we can then, upon presentation of photographic (emphasis on the "graphic") evidence remove the words "alleged" from in front of "drafty drifter" in his title.

:D

3QT: You are hereby charged with the duty of always carrying a digital camera to all matches should the Purple Prancer show up in said garmet. You should then take multiple pictures and post them.

I'll accept the assignment, but I don't have a digital camera yet. I've put one on my Xmas wish list but I fear I haven't been good enough to get it!!!

:P:DB)