Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tactical Sport grips

gmg

My favorite that have radius/contoured profile -- though I do use grip tape with them.

I am not real fond of the flat metal grips on CZ pistols and like a more rounded grip. Does anyone know if I can get and where I can get different grips.

I made a set of grips from a Hogue wrap around finger groove set for a 75, I chopped and ground it into 2 grips, looked pretty good, too. Here's what they look like ...not my gun though.

cz_pistol.jpg

Edited by pivoproseem

I made a set of grips from a Hogue wrap around finger groove set for a 75, I chopped and ground it into 2 grips, looked pretty good, too. Here's what they look like ...not my gun though.

cz_pistol.jpg

What's the metal plate screwed to the side of the gun for?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I used to sell 1911 grips I made on ebay. They were very easy to make. I've made grips for all my CZ's and they really suck to make due to all the angles on the underneath side. I have made several out of G10 or Micarta and I will not make any more (unless I buy another CZ). Those Hogue grips look amazing. It's also pretty easy to sand off the checkering of the original wood grips and add grip tape. I prefer the feel of grip tape over the rubber. My hands sweat a lot in the summer and I find I get a more positive grip with the grip tape.